Should Playoff Games be Played at a Neutral Site?

THS2011

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always thought that the Semi-Finals 100% should be at a neutral site.

I think it is silly that something as significant as Homefield Advantage is determined by if it an even or odd numbered year.

Regional Finals I think it would be ideal, but at the same time with 6 classes and 24 total Regional Finals...finding a site may be very difficult.

Rounds 1 and 2 should definitely be hosted by the higher seed and the Regional Finals I am indifferent on as mentioned.Semi-Finals I feel strongly should be neutral.

While we are on the subject, I am not sure why Kentucky is so steadfast that playoff games have to be played on Friday. Other states routinely do Saturday- Day games to help accommodate for travel and work schedules.

Maybe the pros are wrong?

If the pros are wrong then a neutral playoff site would require fans from both teams to travel out-of-town to attend the game which while technically doable is not very practical, nor is it beneficial to the local economy of either participating city to see all of that money be spent elsewhere.

For the fan too it just becomes an even bigger expense to not only purchase playoff tickets, but also have to spend money to travel and likely stay in hotels that have inflated their prices to accommodate traveling playoff fans.

I have always thought that the Semi-Finals 100% should be at a neutral site.

I think it is silly that something as significant as Homefield Advantage is determined by if it an even or odd numbered year.

Regional Finals I think it would be ideal, but at the same time with 6 classes and 24 total Regional Finals...finding a site may be very difficult.

Rounds 1 and 2 should definitely be hosted by the higher seed and the Regional Finals I am indifferent on as mentioned.Semi-Finals I feel strongly should be neutral.

While we are on the subject, I am not sure why Kentucky is so steadfast that playoff games have to be played on Friday. Other states routinely do Saturday- Day games to help accommodate for travel and work schedules.

You could host 2-3 games in Lexington (PLD?) this Saturday and have a huge gate to split between some teams I'd say. The teams would all travel some, but it would make the neutral site thing work.

Or have a game or two in Richmond. There are possibilties. Rivaling 1 seeds shouldn't get an advantage IMO.

Just as the thread title asks, should playoff games be played at a neutral site? Maybe rounds 1 and 2 at the higher seed but from the quarterfinals on, at a neutral site.

Yes. Some of the travel times are very unfair.

Maybe the pros are wrong?

And maybe they are not? The logistics of securing another field, determining who gets the money, who works the concessions, who works the gate. Attendance being an issue since it may be further away? Don't forget about how the almighty dollar plays into this.

I'd like to see semi-finals at neutral sites...let host school have concessions and then split tickets 3 ways.

Between small colleges with turf and ever growing list of high schools with turf, this is getting easier and easier to schedule if the powers that be ever wanted to.