Should Playoff Games be Played at a Neutral Site?

THS2011

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The people that just seem to think all these facilities are just going to welcome the extra game are a bit misguided.

Absolutely true. I guess the KHSAA could put in some type of requirement that high schools must host if selected, but I don't think there is any way the could require small colleges (especially when they are private) to host.

Pretty sure OHIO does it. IDK why Kentucky couldn't do it. Sure it'd be more work! If a high school has turf I think you could host a game there. I know how the districts work but #1 vs #1 Shouldn't have an advantage for either team.

Watching week one OHSAA highlights it appeared this may have changed, at least for the first round. I'm almost certain one of the Cincinnati teams hosted a 1st round game.

I would be OK with having the semi-finals played at neutral sites with turf. I will take it one step further and play semi-final doubleheader’s since they are played on the Friday after Thanksgiving (no school and a lot of people off work). Play a game at 3:00 & 7:00.

I would think most KY colleges would love the opportunity to host these games and have potential college students and their families on their campus for a day. Campbellsville has a great facility that would be perfect. Morehead, EKU, Murray and others would as well.