Youth Football Team Kneels for National Anthem

StrongSide

Why does it appear the social outcry for unfairness is mostly being heard from the African American community? The Hispanic population, while a larger % of the population and the issue with immigration, does not seem to rally as often or as aggressively as groups like BLM. Many other groups of minorities that are never heard from. Does it go back to the slavery issue? Is it the poverty level? Is it due to a crack down on crimes and drugs that appears to target AA? I can't pin point it.

I've heard this is the group that was the start of the foundation of BLM movement and the reasons they created their group? End Broken Windows Policing — Campaign Zero

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as I stated earlier, I completely agree.

Then I asked... considering so many whites don't care for the BLM, or the taking of the knee, what might they do to make their voices heard that wouldn't be criticized by white people?

It's a given that no one should accept violence and domestic terrorism, but so far even peaceful quiet approaches like taking a knee are met with objection and equating it with being disrespectful, and while not all BLM demonstrations have been violent, they still get tossed into the same pot as if they were.

If you can't see that you're avoiding the question, while pretending that you're not, then I don't know what else to say. :idunno:

You dont take a knee during the National Anthem, period.

I don't know if there is anything that wouldn't cause a fuss with people.

Possibly because I believe there are white people that do not see the injustice or believe that there is injustice against black people. So no matter what form of protest, people will be displeased.

I didn't know that there were rational, respectable people that felt that way, until I had a conversation with a few of them recently. Further, some think that blacks (in general) have an overall advantage.

In addition to my previous response, let us also be clear that the police topic is only part of the picture regarding that which people of color have concerns.

The kids taking a knee about what has happened in St. Louis is just one example, and no matter how much people believe that 8 year old kids can't have any real understanding or true concerns in the matter simply are kidding themselves.

Sure I get that maybe their capacity for understanding everything completely is limited, but in some ways they're way more keen to stuff in a more pristine raw and basic way than even some of us so called intelligent adults.

Are you OK with other groups such as NBPP, White Nationalists, etc. having their 8 year old children protesting in some manner?

Are you OK with other groups such as NBPP, White Nationalists, etc. having their 8 year old children protesting in some manner?

I'm all for anyone promoting positive and peaceful aims for all races. When the goal is race-centric with also negative bigoted attitudes served at other races, then I'd have a problem with that.

I totally fine with celebrations and gathering of various race, cultures, and interests such as the Asian Festival, the Jewish Festival, The Celtic Festival, The Pride Festival, The Indian Festival, The Black Family Reunion, Car enthusiasts, Italian Festival, Farming Equipment enthusiasts, Flower enthusiasts, Music Festivals,The Renaissance festival, The Octoberfest etc etc.....and especially when people of all cultures and races are welcome and encouraged to join in on the festivities as well.

When the vibe is all about being separatists with negativity and violence, then no way.

If the aim of a protest is to plead for the end of oppression, then I'm cool with that.

If the goal of a gathering is to promote oppression, hatred, bigotry, and violence, then again...no way.

More specifically regarding 8 year olds, if what they're being taught is related to that which I just said that I have trouble with, then no, but if they're being taught to promote fairness, acceptance, and kindness in a peaceful way, then I'm all for it.

I'm all for anyone promoting positive and peaceful aims for all races. When the goal is race-centric with also negative bigoted attitudes served at other races, then I'd have a problem with that.

I totally fine with celebrations and gathering of various race, cultures, and interests such as the Asian Festival, the Jewish Festival, The Celtic Festival, The Pride Festival, The Indian Festival, The Black Family Reunion, Car enthusiasts, Italian Festival, Farming Equipment enthusiasts, Flower enthusiasts, Music Festivals,The Renaissance festival, The Octoberfest etc etc.....and especially when people of all cultures and races are welcome and encouraged to join in on the festivities as well.

When the vibe is all about being separatists with negativity and violence, then no way.

If the aim of a protest is to plead for the end of oppression, then I'm cool with that.

If the goal of a gathering is to promote oppression, hatred, bigotry, and violence, then again...no way.

More specifically regarding 8 year olds, if what they're being taught is related to that which I just said that I have trouble with, then no, but if they're being taught to promote fairness, acceptance, and kindness in a peaceful way, then I'm all for it.

In other words, if you agree with what is being protested, you are fine with it, if not, you are against it.

In other words, if you agree with what is being protested, you are fine with it, if not, you are against it.

I realize that you were hoping that your "set up" could apply...but sorry man it doesn't, and it was so obvious from far far away.

Good decent people know the difference between positivity and negativity.

I spelled it out pretty good what I'm cool with, and what I'm not cool with.

And your reply is completely a fabrication of what I said, while trying to put words into my mouth.

I'd protest you and your combative unfriendly negativity in heartbeat if that's what you're asking.