Youth Football Team Kneels for National Anthem

StrongSide

So you're saying only whites disapprove of what's going on?

How did you arrive this implication?

Any civilized person no matter their race would agree that violent crime and domestic terrorism is unacceptable.

The "We can all agree" part is related to everyone on this board, as well as any law abiding citizen within society... black, white and so on.

BTW...are you, or is anyone else going to attempt to answer this question posed to you first, and numerous times thereafter:

Let's say that BLM isn't the way.

Let's say that taking a knee during the National Anthem isn't the way.

Considering that both of these approaches have been met with disapproval from some white folks, can you suggest an approach for them that might be effective while also being acceptable to white people?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any civilized person no matter their race would agree that violent crime and domestic terrorism is unacceptable.

The "We can all agree" part is related to everyone on this board, as well as any law abiding citizen within society... black, white and so on.

BTW...are you, or is anyone else going to attempt to answer this question posed to you first, and numerous times thereafter:

Considering that both of these approaches have been met with disapproval from some white folks, can you suggest an approach for them that might be effective while also being acceptable to white people?

Not sure how to answer that since I don't have an issue with either of those things. I do have an issue with adults using 8 year old kids to promote their own agendas and worldviews though.

I think that we can all agree on what you're saying.

So you're saying only whites disapprove of what's going on?

You specifically said it was a white person problem.

Boris Yeltsin became president of Russia as well as Iraq invaded Kuwait when I was eight. These events kept me up all night.

This made me go look at what happened in the world when I was 8. It was 1983, according Wiki, the only thing I saw that I really remember is Return of the Jedi being released.

You specifically said it was a white person problem.

OK...I see that we're going down the rabbit hole a bit here...:rolleyes:

The 'disapproval from some white folks" is related to BLM and taking a knee during the National Anthem.

The "I think that we can all agree on what you're saying" part was an answer to your comment on violent crime and domestic terrorism to which you implied that I was saying that only whites disapproved of violent crime and domestic terrorism, and I replied that: "Any civilized person no matter their race would agree that violent crime and domestic terrorism is unacceptable.

The "We can all agree" part is related to everyone on this board, as well as any law abiding citizen within society... black, white and so on"

So I believe that you're getting a few comments here and there twisted up and taking them out of context, and in doing so misrepresenting just what it was that I said, and your claim of just what that was is inaccurate.

Eight year olds believe in Santa. That is all you need to know.

I am not saying an eight year old is not capable of grasping larger issues of this world nor am I denying that we can learn valuable lessons from them, but they are very limited.... as they should be.

Boris Yeltsin became president of Russia as well as Iraq invaded Kuwait when I was eight. These events kept me up all night.

The draft was officially eliminated in June 1973 with no further draft orders being issued by early 1973

I was 8 in 1972 when my 17 year old brother was on the edge of being drafted after he graduated from high school in '72, but thankfully he wasn't. He turned 18 in October of '72.

I feared for him, and I also feared for myself to one day possibly be forced to enlist. I was overjoyed and relieved that shortly after my 9th birthday the draft was officially eliminated.

Though I didn't completely understand all the details because it began before I was born, the Vietnam War was going on, and growing up with a WW II & Korean War Veteran dad, discussion of his service time, and the possibilities of my brother's was there for me to listen to and question if I had questions, and I did. If I had questions the weren't brushed aside by my Dad, and he would respect that I had them and do his best to answer them.

My oldest sister's first husband was drafted (while they were dating) and in the Navy in 1970 when I was 6 and is when I first started to wrap my head around what was going on, and shared with my sister her fears of what could be. They married in '73 after he was relieved of his duties, yet he remained a reserve for awhile.

BTW I was 5 when I found out through my 5 year old friend that Santa wasn't real. He told me while we were baking Creepy Crawlers in my basement (I can still visualize it). He too was the youngest of a large family. After a brief disappointed feeling of being deceived, I bucked up and viewed it as my first step into growing up because now I saw belief in Santa as kid stuff that I could move on from and be more assimilated to my older siblings.

OK...I see that we're going down the rabbit hole a bit here...:rolleyes:

The 'disapproval from some white folks" is related to BLM and taking a knee during the National Anthem.

The "I think that we can all agree on what you're saying" part was an answer to your comment on violent crime and domestic terrorism to which you implied that I was saying that only whites disapproved of violent crime and domestic terrorism, and I replied that: "Any civilized person no matter their race would agree that violent crime and domestic terrorism is unacceptable.

The "We can all agree" part is related to everyone on this board, as well as any law abiding citizen within society... black, white and so on"

So I believe that you're getting a few comments here and there twisted up and taking them out of context, and in doing so misrepresenting just what it was that I said, and your claim of just what that was is inaccurate.

I did, dont commit violent crimes while trying to make your point. Was that difficult to understand?

Not sure how to answer that since I don't have an issue with either of those things. I do have an issue with adults using 8 year old kids to promote their own agendas and worldviews though.

How awful that parents would have an "agenda" to pass along to their children that the future is theirs to try to push to eliminate the injustices experienced by so many black folks for so many generations.

As long as they're not teaching them to be racist then I don't have a problem with it. We do know that some parents, both white and black can establish ill ideas with their kids at a very early age, but in this case pushing for a better future isn't an example of that.

I think that they have a legitimate gripe, and they're not going to easily be able to hide this reality from their children, and especially since kids truly begin to pick up on its reality when they begin to interact with classmates at school, and start getting a picture of how various people treat others.

Are there some black racists?

No doubt.

Even still, many people no matter the race are willing to pay others respect just as long as they get it in return.

Not all whites are racists

Not all blacks are racists

If many blacks take offense to being oppressed, and are repeatedly made aware of this tendency in their everyday interaction with whites, you can hardly blame them for developing a distrust or dislike for them.

Some depending on their environment have the ability to see the difference and not broad stroke all white people as being backward and ignorant.

While you don't have a problem with people taking a knee, many do. I don't have a problem with 8 year old kids doing it either as I do believe that some of them have the capacity to understand what statement they are making, and have true feelings about it. I also think that with them the statement even becomes more profound.

The end result to what is trying to be accomplished in a good and fair one, so I don't have a problem with it.

Ok I will rephrase. They should make their point without committing violence or domestic terrorism.

Just as I stated earlier, I completely agree.

Then I asked... considering so many whites don't care for the BLM, or the taking of the knee, what might they do to make their voices heard that wouldn't be criticized by white people?

It's a given that no one should accept violence and domestic terrorism, but so far even peaceful quiet approaches like taking a knee are met with objection and equating it with being disrespectful, and while not all BLM demonstrations have been violent, they still get tossed into the same pot as if they were.

If you can't see that you're avoiding the question, while pretending that you're not, then I don't know what else to say. :idunno:

Just as I stated earlier, I completely agree.

Then I asked... considering so many whites don't care for the BLM, or the taking of the knee, what might they do to make their voices heard that wouldn't be criticized by white people?

It's a given that no one should accept violence and domestic terrorism, but so far even peaceful quiet approaches like taking a knee are met with objection and equating it with being disrespectful, and while not all BLM demonstrations have been violent, they still get tossed into the same pot as if they were.

If you can't see that you're avoiding the question, while pretending that you're not, then I don't know what else to say. :idunno:

I don't know if there is anything that wouldn't cause a fuss with people.

Possibly because I believe there are white people that do not see the injustice or believe that there is injustice against black people. So no matter what form of protest, people will be displeased.