Patriots 38 Bengals 13

LRCW

Can any of us really be surprised with late turnovers deciding a game? Good teams take advantage. It's been the Bengals single recipe for success over the last 14 months. When we don't get them, and they do, it's trouble. The turnover rate is amazing for this D, but it's doing nothing but hiding their problems...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And one more though on the lack of pass protection. Jeremi Johnson is more often than not on the bench when they go no huddle so far. The TE and Tab/Squirrel set isn't working, so put the guy you paid as the best FB in the game back in play...

Ok first of all I will take complete responsibility for the Bengals loss today. I ususally dont post anything in the Bengal predicitions threads, because last year when I did they lost. But I thought I would try it for the first time this year to see if maybe it has gone away, but apparently it didn't. But dont worry I will stay out of the predicition thread for the Bengals the rest of the year, because I was at the game today and dont want to see anymore games like this...:madman:

I completely agree with GT on that Steinbach has to go to center coming out of the bye week. I think he probably would be able to make better line calls for the team, and he probably could handle himself better. The line since Giachec (sp.) has been in there has been terrible, so he must be messing up some of the line calls, and also he just gets beat physcially beat by his guy alot too. Steinbach if anything would atleast be able to probably hold his own against the other teams nose tackle.

Also I would love to see Joseph become the starter over James coming out of the bye week. James gives up atleast one big play each week. Joseph is much more athletic and could stop alot of that. Then you could have James at the 3rd corner where he probably could do pretty good...

The line since Giachec (sp.) has been in there has been terrible, so he must be messing up some of the line calls, and also he just gets beat physcially beat by his guy alot too.

We agree all but here. It's not that he isn't playing well, it's that the two teams we played attacked that spot on almost every play. If I was calling the plays, I'd do the same...

We agree all but here. It's not that he isn't playing well, it's that the two teams we played attacked that spot on almost every play. If I was calling the plays, I'd do the same...

:thumb: Im sure the next few teams we play against to will do the exact same thing until we prove we can stop it, and I just have not seen anything to prove that we can with him in there...

“I just need to hold on to the ball. There’s no way to sugar-coat it,” Palmer said. “When your quarterback fumbles the ball twice in two consecutive series, you don’t have a chance to win the game, especially when you fumble the ball inside your own red zone. And they get 14 easy points out of it. When you’re behind in a game and you’re trying to come back, and your quarterback fumbles the ball, you can’t come back.”

CP has been a little Rusty as of late, but he still looks good. If that makes any sense whatsoever..... He still should be a pro bowl QB, however I think him being thrown in to things go quickly without much time in the pre season or off season for in game simulation. It's kinda starting to show how it can hurt a QB, atleast early on.

I think as long as he continues to call himself out and say I can't make mistakes, rather than saying I'm not good anymore or I just can't do it then we should be fine. QB's with no confidence are bad news.

“I just need to hold on to the ball. There’s no way to sugar-coat it,” Palmer said. “When your quarterback fumbles the ball twice in two consecutive series, you don’t have a chance to win the game, especially when you fumble the ball inside your own red zone. And they get 14 easy points out of it. When you’re behind in a game and you’re trying to come back, and your quarterback fumbles the ball, you can’t come back.”

Now he knows how Steeler fans felt last week donating the rock in your own end sucks now doesn't it? Just a view from a non-Cincy fan as I watched the game and obviously rooted against them. 1. I think that the offense has a legit top 10 runner in Rudi and he was ripping big chunks early but once again the offensive play calling got "pass happy". If you run against the Pats and control the clock it keeps the NE defense on the field for a long time and that Brady kid on the sideline. 2. Do you not have another body in the secondary other than Kevin Chasemehard? He's horrible. He may be as poor a cover guy as I've seen. He struggles to get to the sideline in run support. He's flat out bad. The first score by Maroney, it looked like Chasemehard could get there but looked like he gave a halfrearend effort. Do you have a rookie, or an extra WR who played there in HS? Something, because at that rate, your secondary is gonna be one man short. However, don't fret Bengirl fans,,,,,you're still sitting pretty with a date soon with an overrated Raven team IMO.

Henry is a good talent but he won't help if carson continues to get killed. I heard a stat on 700 today, Carsons already been sacked 15 times over four games. He was only sacked 21 times all last year.This is what the bengals need to fix to take the next step toward a championship. All of that being said they are still 3-1.

But if Henry was in the lineup the D would have had to have a different scheme to make sure he was covered. It would have also allowed the other WR to become more of a threat and not be the lone key. Missing a player who can score as Henry does has a great deal to do with how a defensive Cord. prepares his team. Yesterday was just a horrible display of football but when all the pieces of a puzzle are mixed it is hard to put back together.

Rudi needs more touches whether by ground or air, he needs the ball in his hands. When that happens Palmer will have more time to throw because the D can't sit back and key on the pass.