Patriots 38 Bengals 13

LRCW

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget, they got beat by the Patriots. People have been a bit premature to semi-write the Pats off. There is no shame in losing to that bunch. The Bengals are still 3-1, despite not playing up to their potential. It's alarming that they haven't, but it's promising that they've won 3 of 4 in spite of it.

So, bad news = There is a lot of room for improvement.

Good news = There is a lot of room for improvement on a 3-1 team.

At this point, I see no reason not to be optimistic about Cincy's chances. I don't expect them to make it to the Super Bowl because of the run defense, but if they get the offense in gear, and make moderate improvement on D, they certainly have a chance to make it, IMO. Getting homefield advantage would surely help.

The Kase hit is tough for me. The receiver is bent over and K is running full speed... do they expect him to just let the guy go by him?

Tory James is garbo.

Like it or not, CP has been a different CP this year than last. Maybe that has to do with our offensive line suddenly not being able to block.

The D has to get better... when is Dexter coming back?

The Kase hit is tough for me. The receiver is bent over and K is running full speed... do they expect him to just let the guy go by him?

Tory James is garbo.

Like it or not, CP has been a different CP this year than last. Maybe that has to do with our offensive line suddenly not being able to block.

I think that is at least 90% of it. But, I could be wrong. There isn't a QB in the league that looks good when he doesn't have time to throw. Our left tackle has been getting abused...I recall several plays in which Palmer made quick drops and throws and the Patriots Right DE was just inches away from getting the ball. That shouldn't be happening as often as it is. And, that isn't even adressing the other four positions on the line. From what I've seen, none of the O-line is playing up to the standard they have set in the past couple of years.

And hopefully we can get some people healthy, and hopefully Chris Henry grew up a little bit standing on the sidelines this weekend.

Why he played pretty good last week as an apparent adolescent? If repeated criminal charges and pending league suspensions won't make him grow up a football game won't either. I disagree with the suspension 100% and the Bengals didn't have their best available team yesterday.

KK and James can't be on the same side of the field. Brady threw left left left middle left left..... for a reason. The KK hit wasn't close to legal. The "incomplete pass" should have been reviewed because Marvin should have challenged the spot. Joseph messed up on the INT that put James out of position, and KK messed up on the deep uncovered pass. James turned around and said stay back and even motioned with his arm and KK stepped up instead of staying back. We need Richie back bad or Steinbach has to snap the ball. 63 (Bobby Williams?) got abused today.

Tory James is garbo.

I think you answered your own CP question. He's still going to be a little rusty on the knee probably for the rest of the season. He must stop fumbling. I think he caught a fumble bug last week. Hopefully the bye week will cure it. KK hits him in the chest, groin, legs, etc. he still stops the reciever from catching the ball, but you can't hit em in the head.

I'm glad I don't still feel like the only one who thinks Tory stinks. He's had a good career but his days are over. He is good for AT LEAST one big play per game and the Bengals defense cannot afford that. Also, the big plays that he gives up are too often overshadowed by the "picks" that land in his hands, like Sunday. He's too old and he's not Darrell Green. Welcome to the starting lineup, JJ.

Now he knows how Steeler fans felt last week donating the rock in your own end sucks now doesn't it? Just a view from a non-Cincy fan as I watched the game and obviously rooted against them. 1. I think that the offense has a legit top 10 runner in Rudi and he was ripping big chunks early but once again the offensive play calling got "pass happy". If you run against the Pats and control the clock it keeps the NE defense on the field for a long time and that Brady kid on the sideline. 2. Do you not have another body in the secondary other than Kevin Chasemehard? He's horrible. He may be as poor a cover guy as I've seen. He struggles to get to the sideline in run support. He's flat out bad. The first score by Maroney, it looked like Chasemehard could get there but looked like he gave a halfrearend effort. Do you have a rookie, or an extra WR who played there in HS? Something, because at that rate, your secondary is gonna be one man short. However, don't fret Bengirl fans,,,,,you're still sitting pretty with a date soon with an overrated Raven team IMO.

First of all we were fumbling the ball last week, but the Steelers just wasn't good enough to recover most of them like the Pats did yesterday! Kasverhorn does do a decent job for a backup, and I mean he showed he could cover some peoples receivers last week with an interception to win the game.... We do need Dexter Jackson back though because we cant have Kasverhorn starting every week, but for being a backup he has done alright the last two weeks, because you cant expect the backup to go out there and play great, because if they could play great they wouldn't be a backup usually then...I do agree though I would have liked to see Rudi get the ball more yesterday.:thumb:

Bengals had a lot of holes exposed today. Run defense is as bad as ever. Offensive line is gonna get Carson killed.

Bengals still have not played a really good game this season. They were dominated by a Steelers team that handed them the game. The Chiefs and Browns played very mediocre. Marvin has a lot to work on.

First of all we were fumbling the ball last week, but the Steelers just wasn't good enough to recover most of them like the Pats did yesterday! Kasverhorn does do a decent job for a backup, and I mean he showed he could cover some peoples receivers last week with an interception to win the game.... We do need Dexter Jackson back though because we cant have Kasverhorn starting every week, but for being a backup he has done alright the last two weeks, because you cant expect the backup to go out there and play great, because if they could play great they wouldn't be a backup usually then...I do agree though I would have liked to see Rudi get the ball more yesterday.:thumb:

Chasemehard is horrible, plain and simple, if you can live with him, and I suppose you have no other option, good luck. Nice dig at the Steelers about the fumbles, I don't recall too many however, other than the 2 we donated. And for the record, other than Chasemehard, I wasn't hacking on the Bengirls and once again, think you could alleviate some CP strife by feeding Rudi more. But obviously I'm an idiot.

Chasemehard is horrible, plain and simple, if you can live with him, and I suppose you have no other option, good luck. Nice dig at the Steelers about the fumbles, I don't recall too many however, other than the 2 we donated. And for the record, other than Chasemehard, I wasn't hacking on the Bengirls and once again, think you could alleviate some CP strife by feeding Rudi more. But obviously I'm an idiot.

Carson fumbled the ball two plays in a row, but the Steelers were unable to recover them. Then later Carson fumbled again and the Steelers did get that one. So we did try to donate the ball on fumbles too, the Steelers just didn't accept our donations...:D

Rudi should have got the ball more, but with two of the Patriots DB's not in the game we probably thought the passing game would be there. With the way this offense usually does thing Rudi usually gets alot of his carries in the 4th quarter, but since we were losing we weren't able to go to that as usual, so that is another reason for him not getting the ball that much IMO...