Anyone have Misophonia (irritation/hatred of certain sounds)

BigVMan23

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound of people biting into a popscicle makes me want to puke right on the spot. My kids are young and obviously like popscicles, I'll hand them to them and either go to another room/area or literally put my hands over my ears.

The sound of an electronic stapler. Drives me insane. Girl in the office had one that was just so annoying. She would have hundreds of things to staple and do them one after the other after the other, for over an hour. That sound grrrrrrr.

When that stapler died I took great pleasure in smashing it to pieces.

There's a dog about half way down the block that wails like he's in tortured pain numerous times a day anytime people walk past his yard, or a big truck rattles by. it's sounds so painful that it hurts to listen.

When the garbage guys go house to house this just drives him mad, and he'll go on and on until they're far down the street.

I don't know what breed he is, or if his sound is common with this breed, and I'm sure that his owners love him, but how in the world did they come to select him as their watchdog?

I'd rather hear an angry ferocious sounding dog going nuts than one who sounds as if he's being tortured.

People clipping their nails; especially at work. It's more of a combination of the sound and me thinking it's gross. I always thought that was something you do at home in your bathroom. Maybe I'm the odd one out :idunno:

No, you're not. That is absolutely disgusting. Do your grooming at home!

His voice pierces my very soul. My version of hell is Luke Bryan and Adele singing a duet playing on a loop.

Kentucky has 120 counties and everyone of them probably has at least one person who can sing better than Luke Bryan. How the man made it to the top is beyond me, kind of like Porter Wagner and Bill Anderson. Their success is an anomaly.