Elizabethtown 67 Simon Kenton 65

The game was a complete embarrassment. Calls and no calls were very obvious. Once the Stinson girl took a wildly attempted shot (that was not touched), it went over the top of the backboard and the ref who was right in front of the action said it was touched by SK. Really?

Another instance of many, Meier was standing erect with hands straight up, a player driving bounces off of her and Meier is called with a blocking foul? In contrast, Niece is driving up court at the end of the 3rd quarter and gets literally belly flopped to the floor on a blocking foul. No call!

The coach did take Stinson out of the game after the technical. However, that was not until after the SK fans were screaming at him because she was laughing about the instance to her teammates on the court while the SK player was on the ground being attended to.

On a good note, i enjoyed the atmosphere at the game. The kindergarten class singing the National Anthem and then the school fight song. The whole E-town crowd knew the fight song, even the ole folks. I'm not sure 5% of the fans in NKY even know the school fight song,much less that the school even has one.

This might be one of the reason Coach Mudd left the program after a similar incident in summer ball. Coach Mudd has class and canceled the remainder of summer ball. Said he was embarrassed. One week later he resigned. I guess they haven't learned from it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"play through the contact".

Sorry, I'm confused. Is that the same thing as "you have to hurt someone"? Don't think we need anymore Tate's Creek/Henry Clay incidents in KY. How about we let the coaches coach and we "teach" our kids to play ball and be the bigger person.

Sorry, I'm confused. Is that the same thing as "you have to hurt someone"? Don't think we need anymore Tate's Creek/Henry Clay incidents in KY. How about we let the coaches coach and we "teach" our kids to play ball and be the bigger person.

You are more than welcome to let your daughter be the bigger, concussed, person.

I wasn't their so I can't comment directly. However, speaking to someone I trust and doesn't embellish to much. They pretty much have old me the same to the above threads

Meier does not get a fair shake from 90% of the refs I have watched. They really don't know how to ref a kid that has that big of a size differential. They seem to think that she can take hits and it's ok, but if she gets near anyone they blow the whistle even when the opposing team initiated contact

Bright note from the game I heard. SK really battled thru everything, they didn't quit Niece and Harney both played very well. Buckner for the first time started showing her athleticism since her injury. Stamper back from injury and did well. Gilliam really frustrated the Stinson girl with her defense. Very very good minutes from host of players. Bush, jones, harmeyer, dressman.

They told me they didn't think the team could face more adversity than they did last night. If that is the case, could be a great learning experience to help battle hard them now the post season is here.

They kept commenting how proud they were of the girls for battling thru all of the contact and never quitting. When they were put on there butt, they got right back up after it. If that is the case, great job by the coaches for keeping them focused and not letting them back down, better job by the players for not losing their cool and competing

Flip side, sounds like elizabethtown and khsaa has some issues to take care of. Bad time of year for this sort of thing

Meier does not get a fair shake from 90% of the refs I have watched. They really don't know how to ref a kid that has that big of a size differential. They seem to think that she can take hits and it's ok, but if she gets near anyone they blow the whistle even when the opposing team initiated contact

I started to comment on the same issue. It is really frustrating to see her get some of the calls she gets. All be it, she is physical and does demand alot of the fouls she gets but GOSH! It seems she never gets a fair shake. If a players runs into another player who is stationary and does not budge the player because she is bigger, is that a charging foul? Or must you fall down to the ground to be ruled a charge?

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixed Quote

I teach my kids to protect themselves and push back where needed, but I would NEVER teach them to hurt someone...regardless how bad it got. No room for that anywhere in sports...EVER! Pull them off the floor if you're going to result to that. Makes you and the entire program no better than the one that did it.

Life lessons is to be the bigger and better person. Don't let outside influences that you can't control influence you. Maintain self control.

I teach my kids to protect themselves and push back where needed, but I would NEVER teach them to hurt someone...regardless how bad it got. No room for that anywhere in sports...EVER! Pull them off the floor if you're going to result to that. Makes you and the entire program no better than the one that did it.

Life lessons is to be the bigger and better person. Don't let outside influences that you can't control influence you. Maintain self control.

From a blind side punch?????

Ok, your kid is on the ground being treated as a result of being the recipient of the second punch of the day from player allowed to continue in the game. How do you play it? Let the opponent throw another punch ending the season of your kids because the opponent realizes there are no consequences for their actions? The first punch drew a warning. The second a single technical. The officiating made it clear they were not going to deal with the situation. There is something bigger than life lessons here. SURVIVAL!

Ok, your kid is on the ground being treated as a result of being the recipient of the second punch of the day from player allowed to continue in the game. How do you play it? Let the opponent throw another punch ending the season of your kids because the opponent realizes there are no consequences for their actions? The first punch drew a warning. The second a single technical. The officiating made it clear they were not going to deal with the situation. There is something bigger than life lessons here. SURVIVAL!

I would have pulled my team off the court untill the something was done.

It seems like the refs really botched some calls, and possibly missed some plays that were worthy of an ejection.

Regardless of another players actions, if your recourse is to hurt someone, just to send a message.... How is your behavior any different than theirs?

I would have pulled my team off the court untill the something was done.

Exactly! Not tell players to hurt someone!

Pull them and file a complaint and never schedule them again. I've pulled my team off the court and field.

Again, NEVER tell a kid to hurt another kid.

Could care less if the girl ran her over with a Mack truck! I wouldn't tell a kid to hurt another kid.

I will say this and it will be my last comment. I wouldnt tell my kid to hurt a player but if another player punches them then all bets are off and my kid would definitely protect themselves and let the chips fall where they may.