Elizabethtown 67 Simon Kenton 65

Your point is well taken with seeing parts of a play. I'm often critical of the 'phantom' fouls when a ref. see's a reaction but didn't see the actual play. Due to the reaction they call a foul when at times no contact has even occurred.

In the case of the SK vs E-town game, it is my understanding there were 3 officials. You have to hope they had the floor covered pretty well with three of them on the floor. They called a technical so I have to think they saw the swings, if they saw intentional swings then in my opinion the player should be ejected.

I also would be curious of E-town's response as this particular team has apparently had issues in the past. If they don't address the issue then its a black eye for their entire program and that has been so stellar the past years.

I don't know that any game features just two officials anymore. For a few years, it was just regular-season district contests and district/region/state games that had three (unless schools requested three for a particularly heated rivalry game where there had been incidents in the past).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5th Region basketball is rough. Really, really rough. I'd be curious to know who worked that game.

This thread is the first I've heard that it was someone else involved in the summer ball incident. I'm not saying you're lying, just that I'm curious as to why this is just coming out now that it was a different player, given all I've heard, from many different sources.

Since no one is naming names regarding the summer league incident, I guess I'll bite -- Taylor Thomas was the player that allegedly (cough, cough) punched the Assumption kid several times. I walked into the gym right before it happened. If memory serves me, I believe Stinson did get T'd up for something else before the fight broke out.

Since no one is naming names regarding the summer league incident, I guess I'll bite -- Taylor Thomas was the player that allegedly (cough, cough) punched the Assumption kid several times. I walked into the gym right before it happened. If memory serves me, I believe Stinson did get T'd up for something else before the fight broke out.

That is correct and I didn't recognize who it was because she was wearing #30 in that Summer game and not #20 which is how she is listed on their current roster. There is no #30 on season roster so I was confused. But I know she had a freshmen sister playing in the game as well so that is correct. Also, Stinson did get a technical earlier in the game, and I had to (cough, cough) chuckle about the "alleged" punches from that day, all 4 or 5 of them.