Elizabethtown 67 Simon Kenton 65

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocker is that Stinson played the entire game after throwing a punch in the 2nd quarter got warned which was a clear punch motion, then came out in the 3rd and then punched a Simon Kenton girl in the face and got called for a common technical. I don't blame officials that much but this was home cooking 101.

I thought any contact to the head especially non-basketball related should be an ejection. But SK never gave up played overall good defense, some shots just didn't fall. But they played their buts off and if the rest of the 8th isn't scared I would be now that SK is coming off a loss they are going to want blood the rest of the way

Shocker is that Stinson played the entire game after throwing a punch in the 2nd quarter got warned which was a clear punch motion, then came out in the 3rd and then punched a Simon Kenton girl in the face and got called for a common technical. I don't blame officials that much but this was home cooking 101.

I thought any contact to the head especially non-basketball related should be an ejection. But SK never gave up played overall good defense, some shots just didn't fall. But they played their buts off and if the rest of the 8th isn't scared I would be now that SK is coming off a loss they are going to want blood the rest of the way

So 2 punches where thrown and they wasn't thrown out of the game? That is crazy.

Was the perceived home cooking because they didn't throw her out or were their other home cooked calls as well.

Classic case of home cooking. Problem was, they blatantly , again and again, did not call fouls that were more than obvious. Every one gets a taste of home cooking on occasion, but not this blatant.

And yes , the Stinson girl should have been ejected. Warning in 2nd, and actual punch to face of player in third which resulted in a technical being called on her. After that, I know of two occasions where she elbowed /cleared out an sk defender , right in front of the official , with no call. Seemed like anytime she was involved in any contact with a player, she was ready to fight.Could go on and on but game really meant nothing. Just always thought officials should never determine outcome of game....not sure any team would have beat e-town last night!

SK played tough down the stretch and was in a good position to win the bout. Niece was awesome down the stretch scoring like last 13 points.

Not sure why when Etown coach saw the punches, elbows and technicals, that he put her back in. I know why, winning was more important than teaching lessons. Disappointing For sure. I wonder if she would have been suspended for had she received a second t ?

As far as home cooking goes, It was embarrassing. Have to believe there's no way those guys will be in Highland Heights.

On a positive note, the preschool class that sang the national anthem before the game was awesome. Well done

I noticed Madi Meier had no points and only 2 rebounds. Was she injured or were they using a smaller faster lineup?

Meier gets called for ticky tack stuff while the opposition twice throws punches and is not disqualified. SK needs to be meaner. When the officials won't protect you, you have to hurt someone to make it clear that cheap shots have consequences.

The game was a complete embarrassment. Calls and no calls were very obvious. Once the Stinson girl took a wildly attempted shot (that was not touched), it went over the top of the backboard and the ref who was right in front of the action said it was touched by SK. Really?

Another instance of many, Meier was standing erect with hands straight up, a player driving bounces off of her and Meier is called with a blocking foul? In contrast, Niece is driving up court at the end of the 3rd quarter and gets literally belly flopped to the floor on a blocking foul. No call!

The coach did take Stinson out of the game after the technical. However, that was not until after the SK fans were screaming at him because she was laughing about the instance to her teammates on the court while the SK player was on the ground being attended to.

On a good note, i enjoyed the atmosphere at the game. The kindergarten class singing the National Anthem and then the school fight song. The whole E-town crowd knew the fight song, even the ole folks. I'm not sure 5% of the fans in NKY even know the school fight song,much less that the school even has one.