So can we talk about UC Berkeley

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I came into this thread to say that people who act like those violent protestors at any event completely undermine the message and legitimate issues.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. How can these people not realize they are doing more harm to their cause than supporting it? For every riot, this makes their side look more extreme and irrational to the rest of society and makes Trump look more tolerable. It is similar to how Par Robertson and Jerry Falwell in my opinion hurt the Pro Life movement more than they helped it by all the stupid and idiotic comments they would make which casted a bad light on the movement as a whole.

What perplexes me is that I have seen several make posts like "Its working! Continue resisting! All the marches, phone calls and emails. Their listening and its working".

How is it working?

:lol2: I've seen the same thing. Some of them have become so consumed with hatred it's made them delusional...

I was thinking the same thing earlier. How can these people not realize they are doing more harm to their cause than supporting it? For every riot, this makes their side look more extreme and irrational to the rest of society and makes Trump look more tolerable. It is similar to how Par Robertson and Jerry Falwell in my opinion hurt the Pro Life movement more than they helped it by all the stupid and idiotic comments they would make which casted a bad light on the movement as a whole.

Speaking of pro-life, did you see the story yesterday where an anti abortion protested outside Now Middle and Manual? Their reasoning...they believe prevention is the best course of action, so showing those graphic depictions to the students as the children entered school was their method. So, 11 year olds were subject to these protestors....on their way into school. The protestors are at the clinic today, which I feel is a much more appropriate location. What are your thoughts?

Speaking of pro-life, did you see the story yesterday where an anti abortion protested outside Now Middle and Manual? Their reasoning...they believe prevention is the best course of action, so showing those graphic depictions to the students as the children entered school was their method. So, 11 year olds were subject to these protestors....on their way into school. The protestors are at the clinic today, which I feel is a much more appropriate location. What are your thoughts?

Not crazy about it but those same minors can walk into a clinic and have an abortion with to parental guidance.

I am all for a complete reversal of Roe Vs Wade. Whats wrong with showing kids the real truth. When they are shielded from the real world by parents who had rather be their Friend rather than mom or dad what you get is the issue we have today in Berkeley and New York.