PEOTUS Trump press conference

Hellcats

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel...or I guess in modern terms is on 24/7.

This will be an entertaining 6 months. FWIW, I'm only taking Trump's reign in six month increments. :lol2:

It's a new world HC. Trump is the first R I can remember who actually fights back when the MSM smears him. The MSM still does not know how to handle him and this sorry display by Buzzfeed and CNN just makes them look worse. Right now Trump is playing chess and the MSM is playing checkers. Since Trump has been elected, I bet not one of his supporters thinks they made the wrong decision. The MSM is just making his bond with supporters that much stronger because of their blatant dishonesty.

The intelligence community could be a problem for Trump though. There are obviously guys there that hate Trump and they can lie and it is really hard to call them on it.

It's a new world HC. Trump is the first R I can remember who actually fights back when the MSM smears him. The MSM still does not know how to handle him and this sorry display by Buzzfeed and CNN just makes them look worse. Right now Trump is playing chess and the MSM is playing checkers. Since Trump has been elected, I bet not one of his supporters thinks they made the wrong decision. The MSM is just making his bond with supporters that much stronger because of their blatant dishonesty.

The intelligence community could be a problem for Trump though. There are obviously guys there that hate Trump and they can lie and it is really hard to call them on it.

I think taking a step back one of the biggest problems we have now is that Trump is playing chess and the reporters are trying to get clicks. During both campaigns Trump was rewriting the rules, but the other candidates were trying to play the same game.

NBC: Intel Officials Used Trump-Russia Memo as Example of ‘Unvetted Disinformation’ | Mediaite

We know Buzzfeeds reporting was garbage and now NBC is reporting CNN was wrong as well.

NBC article:

Donald Trump Wasn'''t Told About Unverified Russia Dossier, Official Says - NBC News

While multiple officials say the summary was included in the material prepared for the briefers, the senior official told NBC News that the briefing was oral and no actual documents were left with the Trump team in New York. During the briefing, the president-elect was not briefed on the contents of the summary .

"Intel and law enforcement officials agree that none of the investigations have found any conclusive or direct link between Trump and the Russian government period," the senior official said.

Starting Jan 20 the rubber hits the road. Fun and games are over.

Starting Jan 20 the rubber hits the road. Fun and games are over.

You are right Hellcats. Your man and woman should have been doing something the past 8 years, other than cheating Bernie out of the primary. Bernie was at least truthful and you all screwed him.Your own party! Says alot about the DNC.

Moved this over from the closed thread...Clyde brought up a good question/concern that foreigner countries could stay at Trump locations as a way to "Pay" Trump and that this was a bad precedent.

Looks like he may have taken care of this, all proceeds at his hotels that come from a foreign country will be turned over to the US Treasury and the US Tax Payers...to avoid any conflict or claims that he or the organization are profiting from his being President.

To be clear he said "profits" and not proceeds. Two distinctly different things.

Pretty sure I read that donating to Treasury is not legal.

I watched this monstrosity and it didn't instill any faith in me.

Trump, I've concluded, is incapable of talking about policy. I don't think he's interested. He is interested in self-congratulating. He'll ramble on forever about how he won the election, what his polling numbers were, how many votes he got, and he'll go on about how great everything will be - "I think we have one of the great Cabinets ever put together. And we’ve been hearing that from so many people. People are so happy." Just don't ask any specifics.

This was all perfectly encapsulated in his response to the question about Lindsey Graham wanting Congress to send Trump a bill for harsher Russian sanctions (which I'm still not sure Trump understood to mean in terms of law and not something he'd pay). "I hadn’t heard Lindsey Graham was going to do that. Lindsey Graham. I’ve been competing with him for a long time. He is going to crack that one percent barrier one day." That sure doesn't tell us anything about sanctions, but hoo boy remember how he beat Lindsey Graham in the primary?

This, mind you, is his first press conference in six months. And he needed his family, a cheering section, and a giant prop table to stumble through it.

Trump also has a transparent habit of bending over backwards to praise anyone who has complimented him, and unleashing all sorts of venom on anyone who has even mildly criticized him. Doesn't matter what for or if it's legitimate. They're always failing, terrible, overrated, useless, etc. Say something nice and they're wonderful, beautiful, great, always hearing that from so many people.

I hope this little tic is what Putin discovered to earn such bizarre reverence from our new president. Just puff up Trump a little bit and he'll be your best friend. You're a great guy afterall, people are always telling him that.

Trump, I've concluded, is incapable of talking about policy. I don't think he's interested. He is interested in self-congratulating. He'll ramble on forever about how he won the election, what his polling numbers were, how many votes he got, and he'll go on about how great everything will be - "I think we have one of the great Cabinets ever put together. And we’ve been hearing that from so many people. People are so happy." Just don't ask any specifics.

This was all perfectly encapsulated in his response to the question about Lindsey Graham wanting Congress to send Trump a bill for harsher Russian sanctions (which I'm still not sure Trump understood to mean in terms of law and not something he'd pay). "I hadn’t heard Lindsey Graham was going to do that. Lindsey Graham. I’ve been competing with him for a long time. He is going to crack that one percent barrier one day." That sure doesn't tell us anything about sanctions, but hoo boy remember how he beat Lindsey Graham in the primary?

This, mind you, is his first press conference in six months. And he needed his family, a cheering section, and a giant prop table to stumble through it.

Trump also has a transparent habit of bending over backwards to praise anyone who has complimented him, and unleashing all sorts of venom on anyone who has even mildly criticized him. Doesn't matter what for or if it's legitimate. They're always failing, terrible, overrated, useless, etc. Say something nice and they're wonderful, beautiful, great, always hearing that from so many people.

I hope this little tic is what Putin discovered to earn such bizarre reverence from our new president. Just puff up Trump a little bit and he'll be your best friend. You're a great guy afterall, people are always telling him that.

I've seen a lot of that lately.:lol2:

To be clear he said "profits" and not proceeds. Two distinctly different things.

Pretty sure I read that donating to Treasury is not legal.

Should he eat the rooms if someone from a foreign country stays there? I'm sure they know how much they make on each room per night, easy enough to send the profit part of that on.

You can donate to the US Government, Treasury - Bureau of the Public Debt is who you make the check out to.

Head of Ethics office says the plan is unacceptable.

Government ethics chief blasts Trump’s business plan as ‘meaningless’ - MarketWatch

How could he put a company he owns in a Blind Trust? I've been asking that for a while and no one seems to know. Is he expected to sell his entire company? I know this is uncharted ground as every President for as far back as I can remember has been pretty much a career politician (with nothing more really than stock holdings).

But I am curious what would satisfy everyone.

Yep. And folks love it. It's just so weird.