PEOTUS Trump press conference

Hellcats

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess if a Room has a profit of X dollars per day, that's what would be turned over...not to be impacted by the profit or loss of the entire property.

What about the food consumed in a restaurant and/or in room dining? What if they have spa treatments? What about other incidentals? A room can generate varying amounts of profits. Are they only turning over the profits for the individual room nights occupied by a certain segment of guests? If so, what are they basing it on? ADR? REVPAR? REVPOR?

Next, if they are segmenting their business to only provide the profit associated with that business, I am wary because contracts and reservations for that business can be procured through businesses like travel agencies or consortias, and you have no idea who the guest actually is. There are so many, SO MANY questions I have.

What about the food consumed in a restaurant and/or in room dining? What if they have spa treatments? What about other incidentals? A room can generate varying amounts of profits. Are they only turning over the profits for the individual room nights occupied by a certain segment of guests? If so, what are they basing it on? ADR? REVPAR? REVPOR?

Next, if they are segmenting their business to only provide the profit associated with that business, I am wary because contracts and reservations for that business can be procured through businesses like travel agencies or consortias, and you have no idea who the guest actually is. There are so many, SO MANY questions I have.

I agree there are lots of questions, but he doesn't have to do it at all...so offering to do so would seem like a good step. It would be easy I'd think to track all spending by any guest and determine a profit margin on goods and services and turn that over.

I'm also sure no matter what he does, there are many that will never accept it as being enough.

No idea, I broke down an easy way to do it...but I unfortunately didn't get to see the Ethics Forms at the Press Conference today that probably has this broken down.

If I were running a hotel though I would include all expenses divided per room per day and subtract room rate for this particular exercise.

I spent 30 years working P and L's and budgets and determining the profit on one room per night would not be hard to determine.

What ever he does, it won't be OK with you...will it?

The purpose of my question was to show that it's not as simple as some think it is. There is an art to reading financial statements as I've learned from reading them for years. All of those questions I asked have an impact plus 1,000 other questions I didn't ask.

I keep asking what happens if the room shows as a loss? What do we do when that happens?

What would you have him do? This isn't 20,000 shares of stock that can be simply put in a blind trust that he has no idea what it is invested in. How would you have him divest?

But you know what, he doesn't have to do anything...yet he has hired an ethics adviser to ensure there are no conflicts, cancelled foreign deals that were in the works and many domestic deals since he was elected.

I've stated previously it's not an easy question to answer but the "steps" he's taken thus far are nothing more than a ruse.

Ethics advisor? Hired by whom? Fired by whom? Controlled by whom?

Deals: How do we know he has turned down any deals?

He doesn't have to do anything? I'm not sure that legal question has been answered.

I keep asking what happens if the room shows as a loss? What do we do when that happens?

Well if it happens very much, I guess close the hotel :lol2:

You keep asking, so I know you have an idea ready...just cut to the chase and tell us what you expect to happen in that case.

I've stated previously it's not an easy question to answer but the "steps" he's taken thus far are nothing more than a ruse.

Ethics advisor? Hired by whom? Fired by whom? Controlled by whom?

Deals: How do we know he has turned down any deals?

He doesn't have to do anything? I'm not sure that legal question has been answered.

Well as Cuomo said on CNN this morning,

"It comes down to trust but verify"

I'm sure there are teams of people that will be fact checking Trump Inc. business dealings daily...we'll see if he was sincere or not.

Well if it happens very much, I guess close the hotel :lol2:

You keep asking, so I know you have an idea ready...just cut to the chase and tell us what you expect to happen in that case.

I'm pointing out the fallacy of the logic that he can't benefit.

He benefits no matter if he turns a profit or not. He's still receiving money.

Let's say a crack team determines the "unit cost" for a room to be $300/night.

It's July 17, 2018 and it's a slow night at the Trump Hotel. 20 rooms still empty for the night.

In stumbles a foreign dignitary after a long day of travel just looking for a room to lay his head but he wants a deal. Manager sees 20 empty rooms and says "Just for you, sir, we'll rent this room to you for $150.00 ."

That's a loss, right? President Trump is "losing money."

What do we call the $150 that he took in in revenue? Are the financials better than they were had said dignitary not rented the room?

Benefit.

Now is that illegal? No idea. However, it does show that he benefits.

I'm sure there are teams of people that will be fact checking Trump Inc. business dealings daily...we'll see if he was sincere or not.

Oh, we will probably have not had a POTUS looked into as much as President Trump will be since Richard M Nixon.

Fact checking doesn't work anymore. People believe what they want to believe. Even when they see it and hear it they still don't believe anything they don't want to. Myself included. I don't trust or believe anything the opposition says anymore.

Fact checking doesn't work anymore. People believe what they want to believe. Even when they see it and hear it they still don't believe anything they don't want to. Myself included. I don't trust or believe anything the opposition says anymore.

I believe your first sentence was used by a Trump advisor. Facts no longer matter.