What Are You Reading In 2017?

mcpapa

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished Hillbilly Elegy. I have no "Hillbilly" history in my family but the low education grandparents, factory working parents, extended family relationships, alcohol use and dynamics resonated with me. I am the first in my family with a college degree and can immediately name those who were instrumental in my journey. Most never knew their affect on me wanting a different life than I was born in to. My heart fiercely maintains ties to family that my mind shakes it's head at. @tcjkbt @Clyde

'The Beverly Hills Supper Club: The Untold Story of Ky's Worst Tragedy: Robert Webster, David Brock, Tom McConaughy: 9781533121578: Amazon.com: Books

41bQaNdGZ6L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If you are a long-time resident of Northern Kentucky, this story is familiar. Where this book is different, is the authors make a very compelling case that the tragic fire was arson, and provide enough evidence to convince the reader the mob was behind the unthinkable result. Highly recommended; you will be stunned.

I just finished Hillbilly Elegy. I have no "Hillbilly" history in my family but the low education grandparents, factory working parents, extended family relationships, alcohol use and dynamics resonated with me. I am the first in my family with a college degree and can immediately name those who were instrumental in my journey. Most never knew their affect on me wanting a different life than I was born in to. My heart fiercely maintains ties to family that my mind shakes it's head at. @tcjkbt @Clyde

Nice.

'The Beverly Hills Supper Club: The Untold Story of Ky's Worst Tragedy: Robert Webster, David Brock, Tom McConaughy: 9781533121578: Amazon.com: Books

41bQaNdGZ6L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If you are a long-time resident of Northern Kentucky, this story is familiar. Where this book is different, is the authors make a very compelling case that the tragic fire was arson, and provide enough evidence to convince the reader the mob was behind the unthinkable result. Highly recommended; you will be stunned.

My parents were there. My dad made the correct decision to go out a different exit than the one people were being led to that ultimately led to many deaths.

I now look for fire exits.

My parents were there. My dad made the correct decision to go out a different exit than the one people were being led to that ultimately led to many deaths.

I now look for fire exits.

As a result of BH, I am also in constant awareness of my exits, and never scoff at a fire alarm. I exit immediately.

This book my be a little to close for you. It is very spine-chilling, and will make you angry on so many levels. But the truth does that.

As a result of BH, I am also in constant awareness of my exits, and never scoff at a fire alarm. I exit immediately.

This book my be a little to close for you. It is very spine-chilling, and will make you angry on so many levels. But the truth does that.

Oh, I read it.