What Are You Reading In 2017?

mcpapa

@GrizzlyAdams, You ever read these? I know we like the same genre and style of books, and these were recommended based on liking ASOIAF and the Kingskiller Chronicles....It's different, but pretty good so far.

I cant remember if you've read the Stormlight Archive or not? Sanderson just finished the 3rd book and expects it to be out in November.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been trying to waste time reading other books til release. I'm actually at book 4 in the Wheel of Time series. Not bad so far, just so many books.

I made it to book 5 (I think) of that series before I had to put it down. Partially because I started up on the Mistborn series, and partially because, while very good, they can be a very tedious read.

Fantastic?

Fantastic yes-well written, interesting & fast paced thriller. It is the 7th book in the John Corey series. Of note is the fact that in the European version the title is 'A Quiet End' which makes me think this could possibly be the end of the John Corey series.

Fantastic yes-well written, interesting & fast paced thriller. It is the 7th book in the John Corey series. Of note is the fact that in the European version the title is 'A Quiet End' which makes me think this could possibly be the end of the John Corey series.

I've read all of the others, and I will certainly make my way over to that one once I'm through the 12 Gamache books by Louise Penny.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60113[/ATTACH]

Loved The Power of the Dog. Planned to wait awhile to start this one. But ultimately I didn't want to get too far away from the story. Already I'm really enjoying it.

I'm about halfway through that one. I didn't realize it was a series until I'd already started it. It's been on the backburner for me because of that, I think.