What Are You Reading In 2017?

mcpapa

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrivener will make it a lot easier. I mean, you'll still have to do the actual hard part. But, this helps a lot. And maybe shelling out a couple of bucks adds to the motivation. :lol2:

Literature and Latte - Scrivener Writing Software | macOS | Windows | iOS

Good looking out!

I kept delaying doing it and delaying doing it, but then, once I started, it became easy and I couldn't' stop. I just need to one day start it again and let the ideas pour out.

I'm just going to write a whole bunch, give it to an editor, and let them most likely butcher it beyond recognition :laugh:

It's just a matter of starting again and trying to remember what I've already written :sssh: lol

Read a tiny little novella over about 4 hours yesterday called "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". Pretty good. Epistolary story about high school kids in the early 1990s dealing with a whole host of things including the mental health of the narrator. Made a movie based on it a few years ago.

Have an Isaac Asimov novel and David McCollough's biography of John Adams on my nightstand and up next.

Read a tiny little novella over about 4 hours yesterday called "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". Pretty good. Epistolary story about high school kids in the early 1990s dealing with a whole host of things including the mental health of the narrator. Made a movie based on it a few years ago.

Have an Isaac Asimov novel and David McCollough's biography of John Adams on my nightstand and up next.

I've been looking for novellas and short stories here lately. Often times I don't have the time to really sink into an entire novel.

@GrizzlyAdams, You ever read these? I know we like the same genre and style of books, and these were recommended based on liking ASOIAF and the Kingskiller Chronicles....It's different, but pretty good so far.

Holy crap yes. First book is one of my favorites. The next two aren't as strong. The ending to first one is awesome though.