Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's built up his own All-Star Game appearance by playing great baseball.

Slow it down. He's holding his own, but he's not playing great baseball. Decent or average baseball, yes. No power, lots of strikeouts, and still a below average fielder. I'll admit, I never expected he would have done as well as he has, so far this year. But if he were 22 years old, and not named Tim Tebow, he wouldn't even be a blip on the radar, and would be fighting for his baseball future.

Say what you will about his chances of making the big time. You have to be impressed by someone away from the game for 12 years with no instruction past High School being able to get to the double a level and bat 270.

I am impressed with that. I just don’t think this is enough for his apologists to claim success yet.

MJ batted .202, hitting even in AA is no joke. It's much harder than most people think. TT still has issues, but after that horrific start to get to .270 is something no one ever thought was possible.

Jordan only played the one season and had 497 plate appearances. In Tebow's first 492 at bats he hit .221 and struck out 146 times. Jordan might have improved in year 2 as well especially playing against kids 7 years younger. But at that point he had served his gambling suspension and returned to basketball.

And Tebow's first 492 at bats were at a lower level.

Jordan only played the one season and had 497 plate appearances. In Tebow's first 492 at bats he hit .221 and struck out 146 times. Jordan might have improved in year 2 as well especially playing against kids 7 years younger. But at that point he had served his gambling suspension and returned to basketball.

And Tebow's first 492 at bats were at a lower level.

Point was that hitting isn't easy, was not say TT was better or worse than MJ. Jordan whom many consider not only the GOAT of the NBA but also one of the greatest athletes in history, also struggled.

Slow it down. He's holding his own, but he's not playing great baseball. Decent or average baseball, yes. No power, lots of strikeouts, and still a below average fielder. I'll admit, I never expected he would have done as well as he has, so far this year. But if he were 22 years old, and not named Tim Tebow, he wouldn't even be a blip on the radar, and would be fighting for his baseball future.

This, this, this, 100% correct!

Don't try to be a fan. You'll get blasted for it :lol2:

Anyone can be a fan of anyone they want. Tebow is a great dude. It's a great story. But Tebow fans more than most, think because he's such a great guy, he's also a great player. He was a great college football player. He was a mediocre pro, even though he had a few great moments. He's become a decent minor league baseball player. He's far from great. And his fans keep pushing that he's a great player, because he's such a good guy. Fans only get "blasted" because they refuse to see him for what he really is as a player. He's an ok minor league baseball player at this point. Nothing more.