Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

From jobber to Double A All-Star. Keep hating...

@RumblePoniesBB

Tim Tebow secures his first career baseball All-Star nod. In 22 games in June, he has compiled a .318 AVG with 7 extra-base hits. In 67 games in his 1st season at Double-A, Tebow has hit .261 with 5 HR and 30 RBI.

That stat line screams “publicity stunt” by the league.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, putting the highest profile player in AA in the all star game is a stunt? Happens in MLB all the time, especially back in the day.

MLB gets plenty of guys that do t deserve it but they are voted in. What has Tebow done to deserve a selection?

A few other players selected to the Eastern League All Star Game and their respective batting averages:

Will Castro .260

Will Craig .254

Josh Ockimey .252

Trey Amburgey .238

Taylor Gushue .229

Martin Cervenka .224

Tebow's selection doesn't seem nearly as egregious when taken in this context.

A few other players selected to the Eastern League All Star Game and their respective batting averages:

Will Castro .260

Will Craig .254

Josh Ockimey .252

Trey Amburgey .238

Taylor Gushue .229

Martin Cervenka .224

Tebow's selection doesn't seem nearly as egregious when taken in this context.

Now I’m curious. How many players are selected and who selects the players. What is criteria (like so many per team, etc)? Does anyone know?

Edit: I thought the AA all star game was for all of AA. I didn’t realize it was just for one league. I found some of my answers. This is the all star team from the 6 teams in the Eastern Leaugue. Hence, why you have some of the above players. Still a great accomplishment.

Hmmm he's batting .406 in his last 10 games. At .261 for the season. Haters getting nervous.

Not a hater, but he’s still got a lot to prove. Still striking out a bunch, still not hitting with any real power. It’s tough to make living in baseball as a singles/doubles hitter who strikes out a lot. Right almost everything he puts in play has resulted in a hit. With such a low contact rate, that’s tough to maintain.

Not a hater, but he’s still got a lot to prove. Still striking out a bunch, still not hitting with any real power. It’s tough to make living in baseball as a singles/doubles hitter who strikes out a lot. Right almost everything he puts in play has resulted in a hit. With such a low contact rate, that’s tough to maintain.

He somehow continues to put every ball in play. If that ever corrects itself, then we see the real TT. His batted balls in play is up 131 points from last year, which is insane.