Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

Anyone can be a fan of anyone they want. Tebow is a great dude. It's a great story. But Tebow fans more than most, think because he's such a great guy, he's also a great player. He was a great college football player. He was a mediocre pro, even though he had a few great moments. He's become a decent minor league baseball player. He's far from great. And his fans keep pushing that he's a great player, because he's such a good guy. Fans only get "blasted" because they refuse to see him for what he really is as a player. He's an ok minor league baseball player at this point. Nothing more.

Who has EVER said he was a "Great Player"?

Tebow haters have attacked him from day 1, his fans have just pointed out when he's had any level or amount of success...no one has said he was "Great"

I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan only played the one season and had 497 plate appearances. In Tebow's first 492 at bats he hit .221 and struck out 146 times. Jordan might have improved in year 2 as well especially playing against kids 7 years younger. But at that point he had served his gambling suspension and returned to basketball.

And Tebow's first 492 at bats were at a lower level.

Huh how does playing against players 7 years younger help you out? Especially since those players 7 years younger never stopped playing baseball like Tebow did for 12 years. Especially with him being 30 playing against guys 7 years younger is not a positive. Just look at the Major League level and how a lot of good older Veteran players are struggling to keep up with the young more powerful arms pitching to them. So I'm not sure where you get him being 7 years older than players he is going against makes it easier for him.

I have never really been a Tebow supporter. However what he has done is very impressive. Not many people can sit out baseball for 12 years and start playing again at age 30 in double A and be hitting even .200 much less about .280 now. So I'm not sure why people still are criticizing when people are just saying its impressive what he is doing.

I hope he makes the majors.

He will get a shot. Two reasons.

1) It is not a gimmick. He will have at least gone through the ranks. We can debate if he is more deserving than others, but he will have at least did some time and not some hack brought on to the majors as a side-show.

2) Let's be honest. Baseball can use a shot in the arm. Tebow in the minors is as big of a story going to the casual fan and he is not (yet) in the majors. The NFL and NBA are now in complete control year round.

Tebow is out for the rest of the season with a broken bone in his hand.

This sucks. While he still had a long way to go, his story was getting more and interesting and there was a good chance we would have gotten to see him in the bigs at some point. Now he loses a half season of development. Lost time is not good for a 31 year old in AA.

Supposedly, he will be healed in time for September call-ups, but there's no guarantee now he's out for more than a month. I was hoping to see something exciting in MLB this season.

Everything I’ve seen says he’s having surgery and is done for the season. His injury (a broken hamate bone) is a pretty serious injury and has derailed several promising careers. It’s usually a 6-9 week recovery time, so best case puts his recovery at sometime in mid September.