Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

Honest question as I have no idea... How do the pitchers in the league Tebow is in measure up to big league pitchers? How big is the gap in talent?

I wouldn't say it is a gap in talent as much of a gap in skill and how refined one is in their abilities. AA is where the best minor league talent is across the board. Not sure that answers the question.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still doubt that he can become a serviceable major league player but I am ultra impressed by what he's done after not playing baseball for 12 years. I too believe he may have had a chance at a decent career if he had played out of high school.

Well at least mama still believes in her baby. Gotta love how the media builds up his All Star Game appearance. Anything for TebowMania!!!!!!!

Tim Tebow's Mom Thinks He's Ready for the Major Leagues! | TMZ.com

“Tim Tebow's mother, Pamela, tells TMZ Sportsher son is ready to play in the Big Leagues ... and she couldn't be more proud of the way he's playing!

FYI, Tim's been raking down in the minor leagues -- earning a spot in the Eastern League All-Star Game -- and Mama Tebow says he's ready for the call up to the Mets' MLB roster.”

Not the point. The point is that they were both used for their names and not their actual skill. MJ bypassed Rookie League and A ball and went straight to AA ball off the strength of his name.

Tebow worked his way up but until this month of June had never really shown any promise for a cup of coffee in the MLB. If one month of good hitting is good enough for Tebow to make the roster of an MLB team going nowhere then congrats to him. Don’t insult my intelligence trying to convince me that he is a capable and serviceable MLB player at 30 years of age. When he makes it to the MLB it will be for one reason and one reason only. To put butts in the seats. And if he makes it to the MLB and can have a batting average over .290 for a whole season I’ll happily admit I was wrong about Tebow on BGP, Facebook, Snapchat and I’ll chug however many beers you want me to chug at the Beer Engine on my tab whenever you tell me it has to happen.

There are very few guys who hit over .290. That’s not a fair number.

Lol at anyone solely basing how he’s doing on batting average. This isn’t 1970.

Well, his power numbers and OPS are very pedestrian as well and he's striking out in well over a third of his at bats. That might be more acceptable if he had more than 5 homers and wasn't 6-7 years older than most of the league.

Well, his power numbers and OPS are very pedestrian as well and he's striking out in well over a third of his at bats. That might be more acceptable if he had more than 5 homers and wasn't 6-7 years older than most of the league.

Now that’s a valid argument

Say what you will about his chances of making the big time. You have to be impressed by someone away from the game for 12 years with no instruction past High School being able to get to the double a level and bat 270.

Oh, he'll get to the big leagues. As long as he hits over .230 they'll bring him up as a publicity stunt. With the season they are having there's no harm in that, but it doesn't mean he'll have earned it on his on-field results.

Oh, he'll get to the big leagues. As long as he hits over .230 they'll bring him up as a publicity stunt. With the season they are having there's no harm in that, but it doesn't mean he'll have earned it on his on-field results.

Expanded rosters in Sept will allow it.