CCH vs. Cincinnati Elder

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elder faithful truly have a unique program and I have come to learn a lot about Elder football in the last 5 yrs, namely due to having a wife (Seton Grad) and father inlaw (Elder Grad-along with his 5 brothers all Elder Grads). Needless to say, family gatherings on the West Side usually pertain to Elder football conversations, cold beer and talk about tradition.

I am very intrigued though when I hear about "The Pit"... holding over 10,000 fans and not letting in another 5,000 Elder Faithful who consistently seek tickets each and every week. I am hoping to make my first trip there this season when Elder plays LaSalle.

I like CCH's chances in this one only because they have a nice passing attack and I think they can get some quick hitters with Bovard or Sutton.

Not saying I want CCH to win.. just saying they can definitely knock off the Purple Nation.

I am very intrigued though when I hear about "The Pit"... holding over 10,000 fans and not letting in another 5,000 Elder Faithful who consistently seek tickets each and every week. I am hoping to make my first trip there this season when Elder plays LaSalle.

The Pit is a neat place to watch a game. They do love their Panthers on the West side.

I think the Pit makes one of the best atmosphere's for a high school game. And who doesn't love $10,000 split the pots?

The Pit is one of the best venues I have ever seen. I've seen some High School games in Texas and Florida, and there are only a few places that have what they have.

From an Ohioans perspective, I think this is a really good barometer for CovCath. They are currently ranked 3rd in the AP poll only behind Bowling Green and Highlands. They looked like world beaters against Boone FWIW, and do have a lot more practice time in than the Panthers do.

I would like to see CovCath win this game. I really would. Due to our goofy Harbin ratings, if Elder wins, they will continue to gather 2nd level points for every CovCath win this season, including Boone. Given that I think CovCath will have a very good season, it will provide tons of 2nd level points to Elder which will only strengthen their playoff seeding.

All I can tell the CovCath players is that Elder is improved from last season, no question about that. But so are you! Play hard, never quit and EXPECT TO BEAT ELDER. Don't wish it, demand it! It can, and should be achieved.

Best wishes to the Colonels in their 21-14 upset of the mighty Elder Panthers!

-CardinalsFan

He is on Thursday.

G - welcome to the site. Good to have a Park Hills supporter.

Use the "quote" tab in a quote that you are replying to or answering. That way I don't have to scroll through every post to figure out who "he" is.

G - welcome to the site. Good to have a Park Hills supporter.

Use the "quote" tab in a quote that you are replying to or answering. That way I don't have to scroll through every post to figure out who "he" is.

You mean his name didn't give it away? :lol: