CCH vs. Cincinnati Elder

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their schedules are always tough.

It is tough for the better D1 programs in Ohio to schedule games due to the Harbin Ratings. Most schools in Ohio do not want to schedule St. X, Elder, and Colerain because they don't want those losses to come back and hurt their chances on making the playoffs. So these teams are forced to play out of state teams and the other top programs up state. For the second straight year, Cincy St. X has been rated as having the toughest schedule in the nation. They play two teams ranked in the top 5 of USA Today's Super 25 poll in the first month of the season.

I saw in the paper where Josh Bleser had 175 yards passing last week. I also saw that the paper incorrectly had Buckley's 59 yard TD as a run and not a reception.

Does the 175 figure include that 59 yard TD or was that credited as a run?

Just wondering (I do that sometimes). Last week CovCath moved up it's game to 11am from 1pm due to the excepted weather (heat). This week forecast is high near 92 degrees and with the turf at Nippert it will easily be over +100 degrees on the field by 4pm. Is the rule the same in Ohio as Kentucky about not playing if the temp on the field is above 105 degrees?

They do have the same rules but it is up to the place to call the game. Also it is not as strictly enforced in the GCL I highly doubt this game will get cancelled.

Anyone else heard there was a chance that CovCath / Elder will end up in the prime time slot originally occupied by St. X / Wayne? Apparently they are floating the idea of starting all of the games a slot later since St. X / Wayne has to be moved.

I sure hope this doesn't happen -- selfishly.

Anyone else? I got this info (that they are considering moving the games back) from one of the Referees (the Umpire) for the CCH / Elder game.

If they moved it back into the St. X / Wayne slot then it would be the showcase game. Under the lights is the premiere slot. Again, I hope it stays at the same time.

Its going to be at 4:30 as planned, but because of the St. X game being cancelled it will be the main event of the night

One day, and it will feel like it was only yesterday, that young son of yours will be a Senior at CovCath....and you will wonder why did the time have to fly by so quickly.... Have fun, it will be a day you will always remember, he won't,:D so take plenty of pictures, to let him see when he grows up...

Haha tell me about it. I feel like this morning my mom dropped me off at the muddy, barren wasteland that used to be CovCath's old building and tonight I had a college class.

What took you so long to get him to a game? :D :D

One day, and it will feel like it was only yesterday, that young son of yours will be a Senior at CovCath....and you will wonder why did the time have to fly by so quickly.... Have fun, it will be a day you will always remember, he won't,:D so take plenty of pictures, to let him see when he grows up...

Haha tell me about it. I feel like this morning my mom dropped me off at the muddy, barren wasteland that used to be CovCath's old building and tonight i had a college class.