CCH vs. Cincinnati Elder

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do people think the colonels will do in this game. Tough loss 2 years ago 10-9. First of many test for the colonels. I feel if the defence is physical and fast like they were Vs Boone, they will do just fine.

I think that it is going to be to well played of a game and to close to call out a victor before the clock reaches triple zero... both teams have alot going for them and this should be a very exciting game

The people from up north dont give the colonels much of a chance.(http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122113) However thay do give them the respect they deserve. With CCH and Highlands back to back, Elder and teh GCL will get to see first hand what NKY football is about.

Elder and the GCL has seen first hand what NKY football is about in years past and are undefeated in those first hand looks (unfortunately). But we have always played them pretty competitively. Hopefully this is the year we get over the hump and beat them. I'll be pulling for CovCath against Elder, although it will make Highlands job that much tougher the following week if the Colonels beat Elder. I do think CovCath has a legit shot of beating Elder if for no other reason than its Elder's first game of year. Good luck Colonels.

Just wondering (I do that sometimes). Last week CovCath moved up it's game to 11am from 1pm due to the excepted weather (heat). This week forecast is high near 92 degrees and with the turf at Nippert it will easily be over +100 degrees on the field by 4pm. Is the rule the same in Ohio as Kentucky about not playing if the temp on the field is above 105 degrees?

The Elder fans were talking pretty big about beating CovCath at the NDA vs Seton soccer match at XU last night. BTW the Panda beat the Saints 2-1 in a game that wasn't as close as the score reads. Elders fans, along with most Ohio high shcool fans, don't think to much of our high school teams. Oh and Highlands fans, they really are looking to destroy you, because you won't move the game to a location that will allow their fans to attend. They and I am quoting "The Panthers are going to make that team from Kentucky pay for not allowing us to see our team play"..... Have fun.....

I agree with theoldguy... Elder isnt giving CovCath the respect they diserve... Elder has yet to play a game.. so its an advantage on the Colonels side because they no what there team can do... this should be an exciting game

Just wondering (I do that sometimes). Last week CovCath moved up it's game to 11am from 1pm due to the excepted weather (heat). This week forecast is high near 92 degrees and with the turf at Nippert it will easily be over +100 degrees on the field by 4pm. Is the rule the same in Ohio as Kentucky about not playing if the temp on the field is above 105 degrees?

The Elder fans were talking pretty big about beating CovCath at the NDA vs Seton soccer match at XU last night. BTW the Panda beat the Saints 2-1 in a game that wasn't as close as the score reads. Elders fans, along with most Ohio high shcool fans, don't think to much of our high school teams. Oh and Highlands fans, they really are looking to destroy you, because you won't move the game to a location that will allow their fans to attend. They and I am quoting "The Panthers are going to make that team from Kentucky pay for not allowing us to see our team play"..... Have fun.....

I don't think the rules are the same in Ohio on the heat index because coach Rodenberg said that was one of the adjustments he had to make with going from coaching Ohio to Kentucky. However I don't know that for a fact that's just what he said, so is there anyone who actually knows the rules for the OHSAA who could confirm that?

Alll the Elder fans at the Seton soccer match talking.........what did both of them have to say?;)

Elder fans are always talking. Best cheer ever from the Elder Purple Nation was the "We hate Ryle" cheer as the Panthers were getting waxed for the second year in a row by an out-of-state team (Ky's Trinity/ IND's Warren Central) on Ryle's field.

Both CovCath and Highlands will have to throw the ball well to beat Elder. You can't just line up and run at them (unless you are that Warren Central team that was averaging like 17 yards a carry).