Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

free thinker

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by free thinker

  1. I don't think Belfry is anywhere near as strong as they have been in recent years. I'm taking Lawrence.
  2. Please note, the last thread gives a score changed score prediction. I feel Ryle has played much tougher competition(Glen Este) than Newcath and Nc will not be able to run the ball.
  3. Good win for Dayton anyway you slice it. Good luck the rest of the season.
  4. I noticed it was 33-0 at the half. Just figured it could have been much worse. Sounds like Highlands is very good and it's still early. Is there anyone of the schedule that will challenge them this year?
  5. Game, The win over NC in of itself is not all that impressive. Not a knock against NC. The season is young and no one is really proven yet. I was unaware of the other win over Beechwood. Together that makes it more impressive this early in the season. Two wins is the start of a trend. Does Lloyd have Covcath on the schedule this season? Sounds like they are not as strong as usual and Lloyd may be able to beat them. That would make for another win against a school that usually has a decent freshmen team.
  6. At what point did Highlands start to take it easy on them?
  7. I'm changing my pick. Ryle 34-nc 6
  8. Guru, Highlands is playing Elder! I'm thinking it's time to re-arrange that schedule. I'm sure a man with your connections can get in the game with no problem.
  9. No one said that you shouldnt go there. I eat there with my kids frequently. I said a group of high school football players sitting in a bar at 10pm on a weeknight while everyone else for the most part is drinking seems to me to be a conflict. Maybe an alcohol charged atmosphere is acceptable at some schools. I don't know. Wouldn't be happening if a lot of people I know were the coach.
  10. None of the above are correct Mex,(except that NC wil lose)
  11. The bar is not in the corner. The bar encompasses the entire right side of the building. It's an establishment with 40 taps on the wall. It's a bar. Grill and BAR. You can defend it all you want. I disagree.
  12. I guess because I don't think it's right for underage kids to hang out at an establishment where most patrons are drinking beer and watching sports I'm wrong? All guys like to hang out like that, you just wait until you're at least out of high school.
  13. All Highlands faithful always care if they happen to lose a game. Especially against teams like the one mentioned above that they are used to dominating.
  14. Losing a game is one thing. Getting pounded 57-10 is another. I'd say all indications to this point are that Boyle is down. That doesn't mean they can't improve and be a good team later this year.
  15. No my child is not sheltered. Of course they can go somewhere that alcohol is served. Going and getting something to eat, going to a Reds or Bengals game, going to a church festival, is much different than sitting around a smoke-filled bar watching sports. What are they doing there that is productive? You can twist it around any way you want, but the bottom line is most teams aren't sitting around a smoke-filled bar on Tuesday nights. Are all the Highlands players at the Pub or Midway or the 915 on Tuesday nights? Are the Newport guys at the Coaches Corner? Bellevue players at the Fill? I guess the Camels are at the VFW hall or the Sandtrap, or maybe Clines on the River? Afterall, they have games on and you can get something to eat at most of those places. My point is that team comraderie is good. It's great to hang out together, but it doesn't need to be developed on Tuesday night at the bar.
  16. Sorry, I think the team should not hang out at a drinking establishment. My son wouldn't be up there if he was in high school hanging out like a college kid. And at no time did I suggest anyone of them was drinking. However, it is a bar.
  17. It's Tuesday night. The regular season has begun. Will coach Sneider still permit the players to hang out at the bar(BW3) late on a school night? I would think since the season is underway and with a tough game this week that NCC will just be home early this week.
  18. Yeah that was me. Elder gets down early. Trys to start passing and has all kinds of trouble and loses by 30. Just like when you guys laughed at my Dixie-highlands prediction and Dixie turned out to be really bad that game. No one thought 42-0 at the half was possible. It should have been 70-0 that game. Highlands by 30 over Elder.
  19. I didn't think the covcath faithful would be willing to bring it up, so I thought I should be kind enough to mention it for you.
  20. Hopefully for Boyle's sake it's just a down year, but there are signs it could be the beginning of a cycle. Especially since the coach left.
  21. Does anyone know anything about Lebanon this year?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.