Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Team's Worst Beating

Featured Replies

I saw a post on a thread that is now closed wondering if tonight was Lex Cath's largest margin of defeat...How about everybody share in a dose of humility, and share your school's most lopsided loss that you can recall. (No sharing of most lopsided victories - that can be for another thread.) Here's hoping that your most lopsided loss will remain a distant memory!

  • Replies 69
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Bullitt East, in 1983 and 1984 Fort Knox beat us 65-0 both years. Those are the largest margins of defeat in school history. I know some on here can remember Fort Knox in the 80's, they were awesome.

As much as I hate to admit it I think St.x has given us our worst beating. I think there was a game in the early years of the rivalry that was a 48-0 loss.

 

 

Just a revision of this earlier post, the game was in 1956 and that was the correct score.

SK 0

Highlands 76

 

Occured on Halloween in '97. Last game of the season, I think it really helped motivate the Jr class that season, in '98 they gave HHS one heck of a game.

In gradeschool I played for Mullins and our worst loss came from Cumberland in the Coca Cola bowl at Shelby Valley. We were scheduled to play Blackberry and as many people know that live around here neither team usually has a good record so it would make to be a great match. Well we get down there they tell us they couldnt come but they filled the spot with Cumberland.

 

Cumberland 97

Mullins 0

SK 0

Highlands 76

 

Occured on Halloween in '97. Last game of the season, I think it really helped motivate the Jr class that season, in '98 they gave HHS one heck of a game.

 

 

Yeah, that next year was a heckuva game it was only 63-0.

Holmes worst ever defeat came at the hands of Highlands (surprise surprise). Ole Gino and the boys came over and put a 81-0 beating on them. Sad part about is was that year Holmes beat Covcath and had a really good team.

 

Highlands was just that dominant that year.

For Tates Creek, the worst that I can remeber was a 50-0 beating we took at the hands of Trinity.

Yeah, that next year was a heckuva game it was only 63-0.

 

 

Uh ... no.

 

Try 28-12. It was a great game. Especially where these two programs were at the time.

Thanks OB, was a very good game, the closest game the Birds played that season (Sheldon Clark lost by 16 also). It's a shame we didn't kick it in until it was too late, had to be the best #5 seed in the state at the time.

In Johnson Central's first year of football (around 1971), Pikeville won 75-0 in 3 quarters. I think Pikeville had the leading scorer in the state that year. This game was why, I suspect.

I would really say that ares came last friday night. It wasn't probably the worst beating we had but it was a aweful game and we played really sloppy. It was also the first time in Caoch Jay Cobb's head coching era that he has had 70 points hung on him.

The worse beating I recall at Boyle was 60-0 by Harrodsburg in 1977. Gus Parks scored 4 TD's and Nick Yeast scored 3. Ironic thing is that Boyle team rebounded to win their district, upset #1 ranked Danville in the Final game of the season and finish 8-3. It was a long night that night but Harrodsburg would not score on Boyle again until the 2nd half of the 1981 game. :thumb:

In Johnson Central's first year of football (around 1971), Pikeville won 75-0 in 3 quarters. I think Pikeville had the leading scorer in the state that year. This game was why, I suspect.
The game was actually played at Paintsville High School. It was before JC had their own field. I actually think it was in 1972 (1972-1973 season) when the game was played. It was JC's 2nd or 3rd year of football.

Around 1969 or 1970 Ft Thomas came in to Putnam and kicked the Tomcats butts 63-0 or 63-6. They scored 14 pts in the first 30 seconds.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.