Your Team's Worst Beating

sports fan

I saw a post on a thread that is now closed wondering if tonight was Lex Cath's largest margin of defeat...How about everybody share in a dose of humility, and share your school's most lopsided loss that you can recall. (No sharing of most lopsided victories - that can be for another thread.) Here's hoping that your most lopsided loss will remain a distant memory!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate to admit it I think St.x has given us our worst beating. I think there was a game in the early years of the rivalry that was a 48-0 loss.

Just a revision of this earlier post, the game was in 1956 and that was the correct score.

In gradeschool I played for Mullins and our worst loss came from Cumberland in the Coca Cola bowl at Shelby Valley. We were scheduled to play Blackberry and as many people know that live around here neither team usually has a good record so it would make to be a great match. Well we get down there they tell us they couldnt come but they filled the spot with Cumberland.

Cumberland 97

Mullins 0

Holmes worst ever defeat came at the hands of Highlands (surprise surprise). Ole Gino and the boys came over and put a 81-0 beating on them. Sad part about is was that year Holmes beat Covcath and had a really good team.

Highlands was just that dominant that year.

I would really say that ares came last friday night. It wasn't probably the worst beating we had but it was a aweful game and we played really sloppy. It was also the first time in Caoch Jay Cobb's head coching era that he has had 70 points hung on him.

The worse beating I recall at Boyle was 60-0 by Harrodsburg in 1977. Gus Parks scored 4 TD's and Nick Yeast scored 3. Ironic thing is that Boyle team rebounded to win their district, upset #1 ranked Danville in the Final game of the season and finish 8-3. It was a long night that night but Harrodsburg would not score on Boyle again until the 2nd half of the 1981 game. :thumb:

In Johnson Central's first year of football (around 1971), Pikeville won 75-0 in 3 quarters. I think Pikeville had the leading scorer in the state that year. This game was why, I suspect.
The game was actually played at Paintsville High School. It was before JC had their own field. I actually think it was in 1972 (1972-1973 season) when the game was played. It was JC's 2nd or 3rd year of football.