Your Team's Worst Beating

sports fan

I was thinking it was Mason that laid it on the Bobcats that year?

That was in 2003. It was similar to the Boyle County game though. I think the score in that one was 49-6, but again, it could have been much worse. Mason, like Boyle in 2000, was basically scoring at will. They just called off the dogs at some point in the second quarter.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was in 2003. It was similar to the Boyle County game though. I think the score in that one was 49-6, but again, it could have been much worse. Mason, like Boyle in 2000, was basically scoring at will. They just called off the dogs at some point in the second quarter.

You are correct 5wide. The final was 48-6 in that one. Programs like Breathitt are not on that end of the score very many times.

It doesn't matter if the thread is about the pee-wee football team at Monkey's Eyebrow. Sooner or later it will devolve into a Trinity/X debate.

Back to the discussion, the most lopsided loss in Mason County's recent history was to Boyle County in the 2000 AA playoffs, 62 to 6. Even when the Royals struggled to a 1-9 record two years ago, nobody put a thumping on them like that.

It doesn't matter if the thread is about the pee-wee football team at Monkey's Eyebrow. Sooner or later it will devolve into a Trinity/X debate.

Back to the discussion, the most lopsided loss in Mason County's recent history was to Boyle County in the 2000 AA playoffs, 62 to 6. Even when the Royals struggled to a 1-9 record two years ago, nobody put a thumping on them like that.

This has been occurring more often lately than before.

In gradeschool I played for Mullins and our worst loss came from Cumberland in the Coca Cola bowl at Shelby Valley. We were scheduled to play Blackberry and as many people know that live around here neither team usually has a good record so it would make to be a great match. Well we get down there they tell us they couldnt come but they filled the spot with Cumberland.

Cumberland 97

Mullins 0

I wouldn't worry about it, considering Cumberland probably has one of the easiest scheduels in the state. Watch out Betsy Lane, the redskins are coming! :laugh: