Your Team's Worst Beating

sports fan

In 1998, Muhlenburg North (yes, Muhlenburg North) beat Trigg County 75-7. It was a nightmare to sit through, much less trying to broadcast to the 14 people listening back in Cadiz.

I will say, it was a treat to watch Jon Frazier from North (and WKU) rush for over 300 yards to get 2,000 for the season.

Funny how you look now and see where each program is at. Weird.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see it being the most disheartening loss they have had. :thumb:

But I think the shelacking they received at the hands of Male in the 2002 playoffs would take the cake there.

Actually the lost to T where our extra point hit the goal post was the most dis-heartening for me....I can't remember the kicker's name right now but he was very good and it was just un-believeable that he missed.:mad:

We lost 21-20.:irked:

I agree with you on the 2002 Male game.:thumb:

If I was a st.x fan ( now that is a real heart stopper) I would have to say that it was last years loss to the ROCKS in the State Championship Game. It was not a big blow out but what a crusher for the st. x fans!! just a thought.

I suppose its the worst loss at the hands of Trinity if you look at it that way. Of couse Trinity has never scored more than 28 points on X. There were never any real lopsided victories unless its from an X point of view when you consider the 48-0, 48-6, 34-12, 31-13, 40-0, 36-18, and 48-16 victories over the rocks. Well there is also that 3-0 win in the championship game that X has after losing the regular season game. just a thought. :thumb:

I suppose its the worst loss at the hands of Trinity if you look at it that way. Of couse Trinity has never scored more than 28 points on X. There were never any real lopsided victories unless its from an X point of view when you consider the 48-0, 48-6, 34-12, 31-13, 40-0, 36-18, and 48-16 victories over the rocks. Well there is also that 3-0 win in the championship game that X has after losing the regular season game. just a thought. :thumb:

How many State Championships does st.x have by the way? just a question:laugh:

Back to the Thread

Holmes worst ever defeat came at the hands of Highlands (surprise surprise). Ole Gino and the boys came over and put a 81-0 beating on them. Sad part about is was that year Holmes beat Covcath and had a really good team.

Highlands was just that dominant that year.

I remember that there were old Holmes alumni at that game rooting for Highlands. Seems they held the record for the previous worst ever beating, again by Highlands.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think Boyle County was up on Bullitt East or Bullitt Central like 45-0 in the 1st quarter a few years ago. I think it was either the 01 or 02 season and it was a playoff game. Someone may have to clerify this, I can't recall all of the details. I can just remember hearing about this and thinking that a running clock in the 1st quarter was craziness.