Bracken County cancels all away sporting events with Augusta and St. Patrick

I truly hope that is coming from the disappointment of the moment. This participation ribbon or trophy idea thing came along way past when Papaw and I coached. I'm a B.C.H.S. graduate and I don't like the discord that is being planted amongst all these young people and our county. Adults made this mess, they need to correct it for the good of everyone. Take it to the K.H.S.A.A.

My comment is coming direct from your comment that winning isnt everything as long as you try hard and give it your best. Hell all the teams try hard and give it their all, so that statement is just absurd.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really has a big impact on the regional tourney as whoever draws Augusta can hold back pitching. It essentially gives one team a first round bye where you normally need 3 solid pitchers to win. That's a big advantage.

My comment is coming direct from your comment that winning isnt everything as long as you try hard and give it your best. Hell all the teams try hard and give it their all, so that statement is just absurd.

O.K. I'm absurd. I truly do feel badly for all the athletes entwined in this, heck a lot of them are relatives. But for goodness sakes, it's a baseball game not a 7 hour back surgery. My best to all the seniors in the district. May you make good choices and be successful in your careers.

When post season arrives it should be the same for everyone. Indiana has total control over their post season and it is fair to all involved. Kentucky has some much different post season stuff it is crazy

Blind draws, seeding, playing 1 time as to 2, not playing at all, drawing for region on Saturday some on Sunday, Some drawing before results come out of districts, the list goes on and on. Make it the same for all student athletes

All this complaining looks like a bunch of Bracken county people sore over all the success that the little ole Augusta school has had lately and the lack of success that Bracken county has had for a long time. Everyone nows big brother doesn't like it when little brother shows them up and it's been going on for a while.
I don't think anybody is in envy of Augusta baseball. Augusta better ask St Pat for some prayers these next couple games. If Augusta draws Harrison County Mac Whitaker will show no mercy.

Success?? Wins one game out of 11. If thats success the bar isnt set extremely high now is it?

All sports polar bear 98 . Augusta district wins and region wins are adding up. While Bracken county is still seeing no success. I'm a bracken alumni and couldn't stand to see Augusta win anything. So I can tell when Bracken county fans are on here whining because their lack of success paired to Augusta success in all sports. Just want to make sure you understand all sports. SMH.

All sports polar bear 98 . Augusta district wins and region wins are adding up. While Bracken county is still seeing no success. I'm a bracken alumni and couldn't stand to see Augusta win anything. So I can tell when Bracken county fans are on here whining because their lack of success paired to Augusta success in all sports. Just want to make sure you understand all sports. SMH.

Another one of those living in the past posts. We all know these matchups going forward will not be near as competitve as the last 5 years in which it was all Augusta (and there was some damn good games during that streach between the two). But then again the whole seeding issue goes back before Augusta's latest run. Shake your head all you want too. If you are a Bracken Grad then you know exactily what Im talking about.

Bracken county has benefited from blind draw as much as anyone else over the past years but just haven't been able to take advantage of it. The next 2 years should be Bracken county years but taken the ball and going home is not the answer. Play the games and beat the teams in front of you. I believe basketball this year is Bracken county year . So why worry about seeding or drawing. Because you afraid of losing to mason county. But you are fine with beating up on Augusta or st pat on down years and losing to mason county in finals and settling for second because of seeding instead of drawing. SMH. Ridiculous just trying to get to region by seeding instead of winning your way there so sad.

Bracken county has benefited from blind draw as much as anyone else over the past years

The current 39th district was set in 2006. Here are the times Bracken and Mason County have drawn each other:

Basketball: 2006, 2007, 2011, 2016

Baseball: 2007, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015(was later seeded), 2016

Your argument that Bracken County benefits from the draw more than anyone seems to be missing some good ol' fashion logic and common sense.

Bracken county has benefited from blind draw as much as anyone else over the past years but just haven't been able to take advantage of it. The next 2 years should be Bracken county years but taken the ball and going home is not the answer. Play the games and beat the teams in front of you. I believe basketball this year is Bracken county year . So why worry about seeding or drawing. Because you afraid of losing to mason county. But you are fine with beating up on Augusta or st pat on down years and losing to mason county in finals and settling for second because of seeding instead of drawing. SMH. Ridiculous just trying to get to region by seeding instead of winning your way there so sad.

Wouldn't you get a good seed by winning?

Here's the dynamic that interests me.

Bracken County and Augusta, while long-time rivals, ALWAYS pull together when one of them plays the Mason Counties of the world. BC folks will wear orange and A-town folks will wear BC gear.

I'm curious to see if that continues, at least in the short term.

Wouldn't you get a good seed by winning?

So it's ok for clearly inferior teams to get to the region by fortunate seeding, but for the better team who draws the bad pill, it's tough luck....get better and win.

There is NO good argument for a random draw. None, zero, zip.