Bracken County cancels all away sporting events with Augusta and St. Patrick

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't hear them complaining when we drew Mason 3 years in a row in basketball. Although that didn't really work out the way they thought it would either. Administrative leadership and direction seems to be a bright red item under the T in their SWOT analysis.

Didn't hear them complaining when we drew Mason 3 years in a row in basketball. Although that didn't really work out the way they thought it would either. Administrative leadership and direction seems to be a bright red item under the T in their SWOT analysis.

Shoe always fits differently when it's on the other foot.

Thought there was no crying in baseball!!! Bracken has a disappointing 10-15 baseball season to date, with two loses to MC and gets rewarded by drawing them in opening round of District. Augusta 0-7, and St. Pat 1-7 draw each other. Vatican dissavows any intervention. Polar Bears decide to take their ball and go home.

With next years returning basketball team, it is probably a good time to address the issue. Not a problem when Panthers kept getting the pill, just unusual timing in forcing a stand over baseball.

The baseball draw was the straw that broke the camels back!

It's all about seeding. If Augusta and St Pat don't wanna seed what's the sense in playing in the regular season. Rivals or not what benefit is there if seeding is not happening. With Bracken looking to having one of its best teams in many years and Augusta and St Pat projected to fight it out for 4th place why not use those games to play better competition to prepare your team for post season play? Th S would not be happening if A-town and St Pat would just have voted to seed.

I have no issue with the administration decision to move forward in this manner.

The baseball draw was the straw that broke the camels back!

It's all about seeding. If Augusta and St Pat don't wanna seed what's the sense in playing in the regular season. Rivals or not what benefit is there if seeding is not happening. With Bracken looking to having one of its best teams in many years and Augusta and St Pat projected to fight it out for 4th place why not use those games to play better competition to prepare your team for post season play? Th S would not be happening if A-town and St Pat would just have voted to seed.

I have no issue with the administration decision to move forward in this manner.

You seem to be focusing on one year and one sport. What about the others?

Secondly, if they are truly regional rivalries then they need to play for THAT reason. It's TWO games out of 30 or so.

I don't either. Anything that has the potential to move the 39th to seeding is good with me.

This move is no worse than the other schools holding the District hostage by forcing a blind draw every postseason.

So I say good for you, Bracken County.