Bracken County cancels all away sporting events with Augusta and St. Patrick

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with them seeding the state tournament as long as they don't use your method. :lol2: :lol2:

Never said my method was the best way to do it, I just provided a method to prove it could be done, I agree it needs to be seeded.

Never said my method was the best way to do it, I just provided a method to prove it could be done, I agree it needs to be seeded.

Seeding for the Sweet 16 and seeding for a district tournament are two different animals. There's no good reason for all district tournaments to not be seeded. I understand why the Sweet 16 isn't seeded and I truly don't care about the method they use to seed because people will argue about the seeds regardless. For the Sweet 16 I prefer seeding but the blind draw for the Sweet 16 doesn't bother me and I am fine with that as well.

In the district's that draw, yes it does. Why are the smallest schools the ones who vote against seeding? This year's 39th baseball and softball drawings are a joke. Teams that play so little of games should automatically be 3 and 4 seed. They're basically saying a season of hard work means nothing while it allows teams that play a game every two or three weeks a chance to play in regionals. I've never supported blind draw and never will.

Seeding for the Sweet 16 and seeding for a district tournament are two different animals. There's no good reason for all district tournaments to not be seeded. I understand why the Sweet 16 isn't seeded and I truly don't care about the method they use to seed because people will argue about the seeds regardless. For the Sweet 16 I prefer seeding but the blind draw for the Sweet 16 doesn't bother me and I am fine with that as well.

Perfectly put.

If the district teams dont play each other in regular season there is no reason to seed them in a district tournament.

If the district teams dont play each other in regular season there is no reason to seed them in a district tournament.

Why even have districts if you don't play each team at least once?

That's what I was going to say. Plus, if there is seeding then the district teams will have to play each other twice. Home game for both teams. It's really a simple and painless process that allows both schools to reap the benefits financially in a lot of ways.

Looking at the last 5 years, and using your hypothetical $5,000...

Augusta made $25k with 5 Regional appearances

Mason made $15k with 3 Regional appearances

Bracken made $10k with 2 Regional appearances

St. Patrick made $0 with 0 Regional appearances

Had seeding been done and the pot been evenly split, Augusta's dollar value gets cut in half & Mason's by $2,500. Bracken's increases by $2,500 & St. Patrick's increases by $12,500.

Not too long ago, Augusta had that same stay-at-home run St. Pat has just had. Just seems the dependability of the seeding cashflow is very attractive to the smaller schools. Candidly, I believe every Augusta fan would proudly acknowlege we have just had a wonderful, but very unusual run (maybe even unprecedented) for a school of less than 50 boys.

The baseball draw was the straw that broke the camels back!

It's all about seeding. If Augusta and St Pat don't wanna seed what's the sense in playing in the regular season. Rivals or not what benefit is there if seeding is not happening. With Bracken looking to having one of its best teams in many years and Augusta and St Pat projected to fight it out for 4th place why not use those games to play better competition to prepare your team for post season play? Th S would not be happening if A-town and St Pat would just have voted to seed.

I have no issue with the administration decision to move forward in this manner.

Here's my "shocked" face:sorry:

That's what I was going to say. Plus, if there is seeding then the district teams will have to play each other twice. Home game for both teams. It's really a simple and painless process that allows both schools to reap the benefits financially in a lot of ways.

I think there are some seeded districts that just play one game against each opponent, or at least have done so in the past. I don't think that's the best approach, but there is no seeding requirement that every team has to do home-and-home.