Sweet 16 at NKU

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But be careful Mustang. Others on here are saying the southern end of our county is to be avoided for some reason. Hope it's not that the great hospitality is lacking once you get past Cold Spring.

We just do that to keep the revenue flowing around the tournament and the riff raff out of The Ville.....

Last year the crowds for the opening round games were from 4800 - 5000, quarters were 5500 and 4300, semis 4500 and finals 5300 per the KHSAA.

These numbers won't be achieved at NKY, 2015 at WKU practically had every person from Allen County in attendance for all 4 games. It was unbelievable how well they traveled.

I might suggest Longnecks in Wilder as a great place to grab a beer (good variety) and food after a game, especially if there is any college games that you want to watch.

Also a Mellow Mushroom across the street from Longnecks in Wilder.

City BBQ right across the street from Applees, which is on 27.

Several places closer to the Double A as well, like O'Charley's, Longhorn, Chan's Asian Wok and Ruby Tuesday.

Why would anyone think that they couldn't handle this, they have concerts there, circuses and other events that hold more than the girls state tournament of course they will be some traffic and some may have to park farther than they want to but that's anywhere you go when you go to events like this. It is a great place to watch a game and they will do a wonderful job this isn't their first rodeo.

This will be a major challenge for BB&T to go from being host unfriendly to host accommodating.

Providing suitable media provisions has always been a nightmare there.

IF they are smart, those courtside seats that were previously mentioned should be removed and courtside tables for the out-of-town media installed.

The KHSAA has visited several times in the past and will place some demands on them that they will have to honor. I do think that the present management team there is doing a better public relations job than their predecessors - But, that wouldn't take much.

Uh.....management has not changed in at least the last four years for sure.....not sure who the "predecessors" are but it is the same group. The only change has come in ticket office manager but that really is not much of a change.

Have always thought memorial would make a great host for the girls state. But I am anxious to see how NKU does it.

Memorial is okay but NKU will have a lot of good seats (not benches like Memorial on the one side). I am excited to see it local.