Sweet 16 at NKU

Also, the BB&T Arena has about 40 to 50 courtside seats to watch the games......I suggest that you place your order for them NOW! I have heard folks pay 4X face value for them for the 9th Region boys tourney. :eek:

UNBELIEVABLE vantage point, well worth the coin.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the BB&T Arena has about 40 to 50 courtside seats to watch the games......I suggest that you place your order for them NOW! I have heard folks pay 4X face value for them for the 9th Region boys tourney. :eek:

UNBELIEVABLE vantage point, well worth the coin.

How would one go about putting that order in ? Do you know anyone ?

I worry about NKU's ability to handle this event. I experience is that they are not very accommodating with large crowds and student sections. The Parking garage fills up fast so then people have to park way but the dorms and then take a bus (for the 9th region finals anyway). I plan to go up for at least one session, I hope it works out well.

If they can't handle this event then they really need to rethink things internally. They have plenty of years to iron things out and it would be a shame and a blow to the arena if they aren't prepared to make things run smoothly. Great opportunity for the entire area

I worry about NKU's ability to handle this event. I experience is that they are not very accommodating with large crowds and student sections. The Parking garage fills up fast so then people have to park way but the dorms and then take a bus (for the 9th region finals anyway). I plan to go up for at least one session' date=' I hope it works out well.[/quote']

What is the biggest crowd they may have at one session?

This will be a major challenge for BB&T to go from being host unfriendly to host accommodating.

Providing suitable media provisions has always been a nightmare there.

IF they are smart, those courtside seats that were previously mentioned should be removed and courtside tables for the out-of-town media installed.

The KHSAA has visited several times in the past and will place some demands on them that they will have to honor. I do think that the present management team there is doing a better public relations job than their predecessors - But, that wouldn't take much.

This will be a major challenge for BB&T to go from being host unfriendly to host accommodating.

IF they are smart, those courtside seats that were previously mentioned should be removed and courtside tables for the out-of-town media installed.

The KHSAA has visited several times in the past and will place some demands on them that they will have to honor. I do think that the present management team there is doing a better public relations job than their predecessors - But, that wouldn't take much.

Agree 1000000000%, I'm NOT a fan of doing updates from behind the basket with cheerleaders standing in front of me. Plus, it would be VERY helpful to getting access to a "secured" WiFi connection, instead of having to get on the NKU Public connection....always getting knocked offline during the 9th Region Boy's Tourney.

But be careful Mustang. Others on here are saying the southern end of our county is to be avoided for some reason. Hope it's not that the great hospitality is lacking once you get past Cold Spring.

The sessions Friday thru Sunday should be no problem with traffic, parking etc competing with NKU classes. Wednesday and Thursday could but hopefully NKU is prepared. They have had some experience with the high school games at BB&T and even the occasional NKU game that draws more than 3000.