Sweet 16 at NKU

I'm excited to see it at BBT as well and I hope that facility understands what a huge opportunity this is for them and the community. It's a great facility to watch games and I think all of the people in attendance will be thrilled with the facility.

Except for Mason fans who still clam the Fieldhouse is better and there popcorn cant be touched. :popcorn: Yup! I went there. The 10th Region should be held at BBT every year. When you are fortunate enough to have such a nice facility you should take full advantage of it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited to see it at BBT as well and I hope that facility understands what a huge opportunity this is for them and the community. It's a great facility to watch games and I think all of the people in attendance will be thrilled with the facility.

Except for Mason fans who still clam the Fieldhouse is better and there popcorn cant be touched. :popcorn: Yup! I went there. The 10th Region should be held at BBT every year. When you are fortunate enough to have such a nice facility you should take full advantage of it.

Yeah but can you get that popcorn for a $1 at BBT? Last time I was there, needed a loan to pay off the pizza, popcorn, and water we purchased.:wacky:

Why would anyone think that they couldn't handle this, they have concerts there, circuses and other events that hold more than the girls state tournament of course they will be some traffic and some may have to park farther than they want to but that's anywhere you go when you go to events like this. It is a great place to watch a game and they will do a wonderful job this isn't their first rodeo.

I thought the 9th region championship game was an absolute mess. That was a single game. But it is possible that that single game may be a bigger draw than the Girl's Sweet 16.

I think this is great for NKU and the Northern Kentucky area! NKU has had experience with big crowds before. Parking is a hassle at times, but you get that at any state tournament! Take the guys sweet sixteen for example. If parking is what you're worried about, I feel like that is an issue at any big event!

NKU has a great arena, hopefully it can draw in a nice crowd! I know it will be packed with 9th region, maybe even 8th and 10th depending on who makes it out of the region.

Having this tournament at NKU excites me!

Why was it a mess

Parking In and Getting cars out is what BB&T struggles with. And purchasing tickets. NKU Will Call window clogs up all the access to ticket windows for a 2000 fan NKU game. Why they can't see that I do not know.

Hopefully with no school in session Parking is not a problem. And the crowds will be spread out until maybe the Semis and by then only 4 teams are left so it should not be overwhelming.

So I think it will be fine. The Girls 9th region final is never a problem because maybe 1000 fans attend.

If not a joke, why?

I don't think it was a joke. I called it out also and this is the reply made:

We just do that to keep the revenue flowing around the tournament and the riff raff out of The Ville.....

So, I guess the answer/reason is jealousy/hate/bias ... all of the above?

• 2 weeks later...

I think NKU will be a great host!

Parking shouldn't be a huge issue with students being on spring break. The regional games (9th) can be a hassle at times, but you can expect that at any arena for any big game. Games that draw a crowd you should expect that.

Arrive early!

But, now that the brackets are out Wednesday night should bring in a good crowd with possibly 3 Northern Kentucky teams playing, we know one for sure (the ninth region).

Parking shouldn't be a huge issue with students being on spring break. The regional games (9th) can be a hassle at times, but you can expect that at any arena for any big game. Games that draw a crowd you should expect that.

Arrive early!

But, now that the brackets are out Wednesday night should bring in a good crowd with possibly 3 Northern Kentucky teams playing, we know one for sure (the ninth region).

That would be exciting! There is a good chance for it to happen!

Excited to see NKU host!

• 4 weeks later...

For those folks worried about traffic leaving BB&T arena, they did a great job of moving traffic after each game, don't think this will be a problem. Also understand each out of area school will have a local host school. Best of luck to all.

Arrive early!

Trimble County sold out of their first allotment of tickets yesterday in under two hours. More tickets being sold at the school today. Look for a large crowd from the blue and gold.

Also, the BB&T Arena has about 40 to 50 courtside seats to watch the games......I suggest that you place your order for them NOW! I have heard folks pay 4X face value for them for the 9th Region boys tourney. :eek:

Any idea of ticket prices? is the KHSAA site correct?

UNBELIEVABLE vantage point, well worth the coin.

Any idea of ticket prices? is the KHSAA site correct?

For those that have never seen the view of downtown Cincinnati from atop the "hill" at Newport Catholic, bring your camera and make the less than 10 minute drive........well worth the drive.

Had to get my NewCath plug in. LOL