Ballard student punches teacher

spindoc

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She has to go, for sure. Keeping her in the school would send a bad precedent I think...alternative school for the rest of the year (and that's assuming they actually have an alternative school worth a dang, and not a "playground" like many alternative schools have turned into). If under 18 then state juvy needs to be involved somehow. If 18 then something, I think it depends on if she has a past, has a history of "bad" behavior. If so let some jail time cool her heels...if she's basically a decent kid that had a really bad lapse in judgment and is truly apologetic for what she did...maybe some sort of ACTUAL community service, working in the homeless shelters on weekends, scrubbing graffiti, cutting the grass at school, etc.

Does JCPS have a "detention school" for kids who get in trouble?

They used to send a lot of troubled kids to Liberty. Don't know if that's still the case.

I know I have friends that teach middle school that were furious that the district did away with in-school suspension. Unless a kid gets violent, he or she can scream and carry on and be a general pain in the butt and you just have to stand there and wait for him to stop because you can't throw a kid out of class now.

Send her to a military type camp for teens.

Agreed! If something is not done to her soon she will have a lot more serious problems down the road, as she has issues.

I have said for awhile that I like those tent camps that they have out west, in Arizona and Nevada? A lot of these young people getting in trouble would benefit from it, adults too.

The problem in this world is really simple. If I would have ever punched a teacher my Dad would have quite possibly killed me. Therefore, to avoid this I wouldn't have dreamed of punching a teacher. We need people to parent their offspring in a manner that is becoming of a civilized society.

The girls should be expelled for the remainder of the school year and charged with assault in my opinion.

This.