CBS Announcers for 2015-16 Season

Who is your favorite?

Play-by-play commentator Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson.

• Ian Eagle, analyst Dan Fouts with sideline reporter Evan Washburn

•Greg Gumbel and Trent Green with Jamie Erdahl

•Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon

•Spero Dedes and Solomon Wilcots

•Andrew Catalon and Steve Tasker and Steve Beuerlein

•Tom McCarthy and Adam Archuleta

•Brian Anderson and Chris Simms.

Meanwhile, James Brown anchors the network's pregame studio show, The NFL Today, which enters its 48th season. Brown will be joined by analysts Boomer Esiason, Bill Cowher, Tony Gonzalez and Bart Scott, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora and former NFL official and rules expert Mike Carey.

That is a pretty weak line-up to me when compared to other networks, especially at the top. Love Nantz for golf but not for football and I have never been a Simms fan (especially compared to Collinsworth, Aikman, or Gruden). Carey was a bad referee IMO and is terrible in this role.

That is a pretty weak line-up to me when compared to other networks, especially at the top. Love Nantz for golf but not for football and I have never been a Simms fan (especially compared to Collinsworth, Aikman, or Gruden). Carey was a bad referee IMO and is terrible in this role.

He's so bad. Mike Pereira does such an outstanding job on Fox too.

I don't like Simms in the booth either.

We all lose when Gus Johnson is off doing silly stuff like soccer.

I had high hopes for that, but he was terrible at calling soccer. He's no longer in that role for Fox. He's their lead guy on college hoops. I think he may be doing college football as well.

I had high hopes for that, but he was terrible at calling soccer. He's no longer in that role for Fox. He's their lead guy on college hoops. I think he may be doing college football as well.

Pro football and college hoops. That's where Gus Johnson needs to be. He's the most entertaining — while still being extremely good — PBP man there is for both sports.

Mike Carey always appears to me as a guy playing the role of a former referee. So awkward.

You mean too often he defends his boys instead of calling it down the middle like a righteous superior? Or something else?