'17 Covcath G Cole Vonhandorf Recruitment

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Von Handorf will be a point guard at the high D1 level. Von Handorf was told by one recruiter that his role model should be Aaron Craft, former Ohio St. point guard. I think that is right on target. CVH is a very smart, high effort player just like Craft was.

. . . and a winner.

I believe Von Handorf will be a point guard at the high D1 level. Von Handorf was told by one recruiter that his role model should be Aaron Craft, former Ohio St. point guard. I think that is right on target. CVH is a very smart, high effort player just like Craft was.

Craft is a great player to emulate for all players. Great motor, smart, relentless, etc. but lets not forget he was a great athlete also. That is the part that can't be taught or duplicated by most.

Craft is a great player to emulate for all players. Great motor, smart, relentless, etc. but lets not forget he was a great athlete also. That is the part that can't be taught or duplicated by most.

Von Handorf is a heck of an athlete. He also is an excellent defensive player like Craft was.

Craft moved laterally as well as just about anyone I've ever scouted. While Cole is a very good athlete, Craft was on a different level...

I agree that CVH is an excellent player, but I also get gametime's point. Let's just say that unless someone on this thread actually had an opportunity to see Craft during his HS career, we should be cautious with this comparison.

How did a recruiter telling Cole that his role model should be Aaron Craft, turn into anyone saying CVH was even approaching his equal? Warren Buffett should be my role model, that doesn't mean anyone is comparing me to him.

I'm not sure I think Aaron Craft is CVH's ceiling, I've always had another player in mind for what Cole COULD turn into in 6 years, but I'd say telling guards entering their junior year that Craft should be their role model is good advice for 1,000's of young basketball players.

How did a recruiter telling Cole that his role model should be Aaron Craft, turn into anyone saying CVH was even approaching his equal? Warren Buffett should be my role model, that doesn't mean anyone is comparing me to him.

I'm not sure I think Aaron Craft is CVH's ceiling, I've always had another player in mind for what Cole COULD turn into in 6 years, but I'd say telling guards entering their junior year that Craft should be their role model is good advice for 1,000's of young basketball players.

Because after the post stating what the coach told him, several started comparing the two??? :D