'17 Covcath G Cole Vonhandorf Recruitment

Enjoyed watching the Travelers video of CVH. I saw him play as an 8th grade at Villa and knew he would become a dominate guard in the state. He looks to have gotten stronger and his ability to create separation is key. He does look to step into his shot a little but if it works it works.

Throw in he has brass balls and is a helluva a defender and you have a future Mr Basketball candidate.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I really love about CVH is his desire to work. I ran into him Saturday night and he was getting ready to go run steps. He is always looking to work out.

Cole epitomizes the player who falls in love with the process of getting better. It is not just hard work or his work ethic, it is his maturity of knowing what it takes to continually improve and being in love with doing it.

What I really love about CVH is his desire to work. I ran into him Saturday night and he was getting ready to go run steps. He is always looking to work out.

What's lost in all this is that Clyde was at the track on a Saturday night getting better. I see you.

• 3 weeks later...
I believe Von Handorf will be a point guard at the high D1 level. Von Handorf was told by one recruiter that his role model should be Aaron Craft, former Ohio St. point guard. I think that is right on target. CVH is a very smart, high effort player just like Craft was.

Congrats to Cole on the offers! I have only seen him play once or twice and to be honest I think my expectations were too high. He was good but I have seen quite a few players around the state that would be more "high D1" level players. It's possible he just had an off day when I saw him play. I hope he gets those big time offers!

Congrats to Cole on the offers! I have only seen him play once or twice and to be honest I think my expectations were too high. He was good but I have seen quite a few players around the state that would be more "high D1" level players. It's possible he just had an off day when I saw him play. I hope he gets those big time offers!

CVH gets it done with a lot of smarts and hard work. There are others who appear more flashy or athletic, but don't be fooled, he's the kind of player any coach with a half a brain would love to have on their team. He also involves everyone around him on the court making them better players as well. He's not the type to slam dunk if open alone under the basket as scoring is the first job at hand and he's not concerned with the hype and spotlight. He works hard, smart and quietly gets it done.

As a sophomore I said that by senior year he'd be in the Mr. Basketball discussion and I was immediately laughed out of the thread.

I'll take smart over flashy any day.