'17 Covcath G Cole Vonhandorf Recruitment

I've checked; it looks like virtually any decent recruiting site but with a bit more detail and, obviously, no links to other players' pages. Doesn't strike me as an ego-driven affair since there are no gushing third-party testimonials or self-serving quotes -- but hey, if anyone wants to judge for themselves, it's a public site.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Prep Sports Notebook: College basketball prospect being recruited by his favorite team | NKyTribune

VonHandorf has already received Division I scholarship offers from DePaul, Withrop, Northern Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky. He’s trying to set up a recruiting visit to Pepperdine University in California. Coaches at Creighton, Cincinnati and Lipscomb are also showing a keen interest in him.

Prep Sports Notebook: College basketball prospect being recruited by his favorite team | NKyTribune

VonHandorf has already received Division I scholarship offers from DePaul, Withrop, Northern Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky. He’s trying to set up a recruiting visit to Pepperdine University in California. Coaches at Creighton, Cincinnati and Lipscomb are also showing a keen interest in him.

We should all try to set up a visit to Pepperdine.

Wow, with all the technology today this seems to be on the extreme side. I was under the impression that Cole was a humble young man. I don't feel this is the norm.

Maybe a website is not the 'norm' but certainly YouTube channels as well as the player's club posting links, etc is very normal in volleyball recruiting. I think it depends on the individual's goals. If he wants to stay local (within 4 hours) he probably doesn't need anything like this but if he wants national exposure, he needs to market himself. I applaud him and his parents for doing what is necessary to accomplish his goals.

The website: It actually could become more common place as technology continues to change. When I was in high school, I had to pay to get a profile (NCSA Sports) which contains all of the info that Cole's website has. If you have the cheaper option (buy an independent domain), and the skill to get you enough exposure (like Cole does), then a website is a smart investment.

I know Cole and his family better than anyone on this site (that I know of) and I can promise you Cole is extremely humble for his young age.