'17 Covcath G Cole Vonhandorf Recruitment

Cole is currently sitting out with what looks like a pretty decent sprained ankle. He'll probably only be out for a week or two. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

He has also received some interest from Notre Dame and Creighton.

Notre Dame is probably his dream school, like it is for almost all kids from big Catholic families.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
CVH gets it done with a lot of smarts and hard work. There are others who appear more flashy or athletic, but don't be fooled, he's the kind of player any coach with a half a brain would love to have on their team. He also involves everyone around him on the court making them better players as well. He's not the type to slam dunk if open alone under the basket as scoring is the first job at hand and he's not concerned with the hype and spotlight. He works hard, smart and quietly gets it done.

As a sophomore I said that by senior year he'd be in the Mr. Basketball discussion and I was immediately laughed out of the thread.

I'll take smart over flashy any day.

Agree totally but unfortunately does not being flashy get you Mr Basketball in Ky.

Hope it does.

Saturday morning went well with the Depaul head coach. They are pushing hard for an early commitment but that's not happening. CVH is interested but wants to wait to see what other options come his way.

Joe Fredrick says his overall offensive game, and especially his outside J, is getting better and better.

The video they had on his summer ball, you can tell he is stepping into the outside J more.

I am still selfishly pulling for Pepperdine, Cole would excel and fit in great with the West Coast Conference. Plus, we could do a BGP road trip to Malibu. Guru told MTGL just to take it out the slush fund.

The video they had on his summer ball, you can tell he is stepping into the outside J more.

I am still selfishly pulling for Pepperdine, Cole would excel and fit in great with the West Coast Conference. Plus, we could do a BGP road trip to Malibu. Guru told MTGL just to take it out the slush fund.

Pepperdine is definitely interested. I was talking to Joe Fredrick today about the recruiting pitch. Stand them on the campus and point them to the Pacific and say "you ready?"