Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015-16 10th Region

Featured Replies

Our Brossart Mustangs have every right to improve. We have the potential to have 8 seniors on the roster, many of which saw varsity action this past season.

 

I have every confidence that Mustang bigman Jackson Crawford will emerge as an all-region performer. Dylan Geiman, Jake Zai, Logan Schultz, and Justin Rolf all saw lots of QP Varsity time. John RIdder, Joey Hickman, and David Kelley were all contributing members of our 16-3 NKAC Division II Conference Champion JV team. Sharpshooter (JR) Bryce Kremer and (JR) post-player Luke Flottman could chip in.

 

We'll accept our Number 10 preseason ranking, and build on it as the season progresses.

  • Replies 187
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Our Brossart Mustangs have every right to improve. We have the potential to have 8 seniors on the roster, many of which saw varsity action this past season.

 

I have every confidence that Mustang bigman Jackson Crawford will emerge as an all-region performer. Dylan Geiman, Jake Zai, Logan Schultz, and Justin Rolf all saw lots of QP Varsity time. John RIdder, Joey Hickman, and David Kelley were all contributing members of our 16-3 NKAC Division II Conference Champion JV team. Sharpshooter (JR) Bryce Kremer and (JR) post-player Luke Flottman could chip in.

 

We'll accept our Number 10 preseason ranking, and build on it as the season progresses.

 

Great info as always. :thumb:

 

I look for the 'Stangs to be legit contenders in what should be another wild 10th Region Class "A" field. Augusta, Paris, Bracken, & Brossart...4 pretty good teams, all of which will have a good shot at a title.

 

Is the Class "A" in Brooksville this year? Or did I just make that up?

Great info as always. :thumb:

 

I look for the 'Stangs to be legit contenders in what should be another wild 10th Region Class "A" field. Augusta, Paris, Bracken, & Brossart...4 pretty good teams, all of which will have a good shot at a title.

 

Is the Class "A" in Brooksville this year? Or did I just make that up?

 

You would be correct

I think people who are leaving Paris off their rankings are really missing out. Paris has the talent to compete with any team in the region. They just need to add consistency. They are my early pick to win the All "A" region crown, and I expect they will be in the mix for an outright region title.

I think people who are leaving Paris off their rankings are really missing out. Paris has the talent to compete with any team in the region. They just need to add consistency. They are my early pick to win the All "A" region crown, and I expect they will be in the mix for an outright region title.

 

Went and saw them twice...Once in Robertson County for the All A, and once during the District Tournament. They could be a sleeper if they are running on all cylinders!

I think my Camels have earned the top spot but they have a lot of work to do. A key strength for them has been the bench and they will need some development of non-varsity players. I look for Hegyi and Bertsch to take big steps forward alongside Seniors Wilson and McGovney.

  • Author
I think people who are leaving Paris off their rankings are really missing out. Paris has the talent to compete with any team in the region. They just need to add consistency. They are my early pick to win the All "A" region crown, and I expect they will be in the mix for an outright region title.

 

Agree with everything you said. Paris returns most of their players from last season, including Garrard who is a legit top 5 player in the region. They could easily do everything you stated above.

 

What gives me reservation is the consistency issue you pointed out. Not to mention the last time we saw the Hounds, Scott was pounding them in the region tourney.

Never count out Mason, Scott, Montgomery, Campbell, & Clark. Being the largest schools in our region they may have kids moving in we won't know about until the beginning of school this year. I've always contended they have kids walking the halls now that would start on most other teams in our region.

Never count out Mason, Scott, Montgomery, Campbell, & Clark. Being the largest schools in our region they may have kids moving in we won't know about until the beginning of school this year. I've always contended they have kids walking the halls now that would start on most other teams in our region.

 

Largest boys' enrollment, 10th region, 2013-14 school year:

 

Clark County 860

Campbell County 771

Montgomery County 684

Scott 510

Harrison County 477

Bourbon County 453

Mason County 429

Pendleton County 399

 

I am always shocked at how infrequently the biggest 10th region schools get to Rupp.

Largest boys' enrollment, 10th region, 2013-14 school year:

 

Clark County 860

Campbell County 771

Montgomery County 684

Scott 510

Harrison County 477

Bourbon County 453

Mason County 429

Pendleton County 399

 

I am always shocked at how infrequently the biggest 10th region schools get to Rupp.

 

In terms of Scott, they may be the 4th largest in the region but they are the 3rd largest in their school district. Competing with Dixie and Simon Kenton for students in Kenton County. Not to mention some kids that live in or around Taylor Mill and Latonia that go to Holy Cross, Holmes, or CovCath.

 

Recent history would suggest otherwise about the large school not making it to Rupp often.

 

2011 Clark

2012 Clark

2013 Montgomery

2014 Campbell

2015 Campbell

 

The runner ups the last three years have also been one of those 4 largest. 13 Scott, 14 Montgomery, 15 Scott

Never count out Mason, Scott, Montgomery, Campbell, & Clark. Being the largest schools in our region they may have kids moving in we won't know about until the beginning of school this year. I've always contended they have kids walking the halls now that would start on most other teams in our region.

 

Agree. A great example of this would be Taylor Howard of GRC. Couldn't make the team his 9,10, 11 years, when we had Zollo , Robbie Stenzel and Company. So he played at the Y. His senior year he went out again after that talented group graduated and made the team. He was a huge part of us going back to state in 2011 and was a starter. He could have started at most of the schools all 4 years of his high school career.

Top 5 Players in 10th Region 2015-2016

 

1. Austin Crawford, Bracken County

STATS 2014-15 Season: PPG-24.1 RPG-9.7 APG-2.9 SPG-1.6 BPG- 1.0 FG%-47.8 FT%-71.3

2. Matt Wilson, Campbell County

Stats 2014-15 Season: PPG-14.6 RPG-11.1 APG-0.8 SPG-1 BPG-2.5 FG%-55.1 FT%-67.7

3.Pig Williams, Mason County

4.Jake Ohmer, Scott High

5. Koebe Garrard, Paris

Top 5 Teams in 10th Region 2015-2016

1. Montgomery County

2. Campbell County

3. Scott High

4. Pendleton County

5. Mason County

Top 5 Players in 10th Region 2015-2016

 

1. Austin Crawford, Bracken County

STATS 2014-15 Season: PPG-24.1 RPG-9.7 APG-2.9 SPG-1.6 BPG- 1.0 FG%-47.8 FT%-71.3

2. Matt Wilson, Campbell County

Stats 2014-15 Season: PPG-14.6 RPG-11.1 APG-0.8 SPG-1 BPG-2.5 FG%-55.1 FT%-67.7

3.Pig Williams, Mason County

4.Jake Ohmer, Scott High

5. Koebe Garrard, Paris

I see the stats but Wilson won many games. From what I hear Bracken had a bad season.

I see the stats but Wilson won many games. From what I hear Bracken had a bad season.

 

I understand that, this is a PLAYER ranking not a TEAM ranking. Crawford can't help that he doesn't have the supporting staff Wilson has.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.