Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015-16 10th Region

Featured Replies

Scott will have trouble with height this year. As it stands, Seay is the Eagles only big man. Zach Mann recently transferred to Ryle. Although, Scott has had some transfers from Cincinnati who can play multi-sports. We will have to see.

  • Replies 187
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a GRC game a year or two ago and heard a fan complain about how they never get tall kids. How quickly people forget...

Their 2011 team's starting lineup consisted of: 6'9", 6'6", 6'5", 6'4", 6' with a 6th man at 6'7" and their next 2 reserves 6'2" and 6'6".

 

They may have had a stretch of 2-3 years where they were undersized, but a lack of height has not been a traditional issue for the Cards.

 

I have said that we went from the tallest team in the state to the shortest.....:lol2:

I have said that we went from the tallest team in the state to the shortest.....:lol2:

 

Lack of height is no longer an issue at GRC.

I feel as if people are really underestimating Mason County this year. Yes I know they're going to be young, inexperienced, and with a new head coach. But I have heard some very good things coming out of open gym. It will be an Antwavon Williams show this year, but don't be surprised if the Royals start to slide up the rankings. They're love having the roll of the underdog this year.

 

Also saying that they're the 3rd best team in the 39th district is just ridiculous. The Bracken Co team this year will not be anywhere near the caliber team that Augusta was when they upset the Royals in "Bach-to-Bach" years.

 

I am with you! Why does people think Bracken is over Mason? Can not wait to drive and see a few games. Nothing like a game at Mason.

I am with you! Why does people think Bracken is over Mason? Can not wait to drive and see a few games. Nothing like a game at Mason.

 

I believe that we can take Augusta, Bracken County and Mason County and toss them in a hat this season.

I believe that we can take Augusta, Bracken County and Mason County and toss them in a hat this season.

Maybe bc of the new coaches but I just don't see Mason losing to bracken. Augusta maybe bc they have a good team fort one more year.

  • Author
I believe that we can take Augusta, Bracken County and Mason County and toss them in a hat this season.

 

Maybe bc of the new coaches but I just don't see Mason losing to bracken. Augusta maybe bc they have a good team fort one more year.

 

With all 3 programs having new coaches, it's tough to say anything definitive at this point.

 

Just looking at the rosters on paper, I go Augusta, Mason, Bracken.

 

Augusta probably the best starting five. Mason probably the most depth. Bracken probably the best individual player.

A lot of probablies being thrown around and I don't get how you all think Augusta is so clear cut favorite. Last year Bracken lost to Augusta by 3 and 7 and won 1 by A bunch. Bracken gained a very good coach and lost 1 player. Augusta lost a very good coach and at least two important players.

  • Author
A lot of probablies being thrown around and I don't get how you all think Augusta is so clear cut favorite. Last year Bracken lost to Augusta by 3 and 7 and won 1 by A bunch. Bracken gained a very good coach and lost 1 player. Augusta lost a very good coach and at least two important players.

 

I don't think any of us are saying things are clear cut. Just the opposite, in fact.

 

Bracken won by a bunch and then lost by 7 in the District--both games without Camryn Snapp. Augusta was better than Bracken County last year and they have their three best players back.

 

Bracken County may indeed be better than Augusta. Heck, I hope they're better. But if I am evaluating them right now, I would give Augusta a very slight edge.

One thing about it, we will see what effect losing and gaining a good coach does to a team.

I'm saying it's Mason's District Title to retain....while everyone is going on about the coaching changes with Augusta and Bracken, I seem to remember Mason gained a pretty decent coach as well.

  • Author
One thing about it, we will see what effect losing and gaining a good coach does to a team.

 

Agreed.

 

I do think Hinson's transition at Bracken will be easier than Kirk's at Augusta & Biggs' at Mason. Jason is still in the same district he's been for the last several years, while the other two are coming from other regions.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Hinson will be at Mason one day. Might as well coach all the schools in the 39th.

Bracken County will be as good as anyone in their district. They have the weapons to take down Mason and always plays with Augusta. They have the best player in the district (#2 in the region) and the best coach. The last time Hinson had a dominant player and a good supporting cast around him his team won back to back district titles

 

Hinson knows how to beat the bigger schools and having coach those boys at Augusta he knows their strengths and weaknesses. Don't know how anyone can say the Polar Bears are not serious contenders. Just baffles me.

Bracken County will be as good as anyone in their district. They have the weapons to take down Mason and always plays with Augusta. They have the best player in the district (#2 in the region) and the best coach. The last time Hinson had a dominant player and a good supporting cast around him his team won back to back district titles

 

Hinson knows how to beat the bigger schools and having coach those boys at Augusta he knows their strengths and weaknesses. Don't know how anyone can say the Polar Bears are not serious contenders. Just baffles me.

 

As for Hinson going to Mason, won't happen, he has achieved his lifelong dream in returning to his "Babylon of basketball". He'll be there coaching your grandchildren's children........:dancingpa

 

I posted the following previously in the "sleeper" thread:

 

My 10th Region sleeper is the Bracken County Polar Bears. Just got 2x 10th region COY and future HOF Coach Jason Hinson. Has the #1player in the Region and 2 of the top 10. Is 9-10 deep with experience. Has size with 5 players bigger than 6'3". "Rupp, Rupp, Rupp, Arena" 2016.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.