2015-16 10th Region

As for Hinson going to Mason, won't happen, he has achieved his lifelong dream in returning to his "Babylon of basketball". He'll be there coaching your grandchildren's children........:dancingpa

I posted the following previously in the "sleeper" thread:

My 10th Region sleeper is the Bracken County Polar Bears. Just got 2x 10th region COY and future HOF Coach Jason Hinson. Has the #1player in the Region and 2 of the top 10. Is 9-10 deep with experience. Has size with 5 players bigger than 6'3". "Rupp, Rupp, Rupp, Arena" 2016.

This a fair assesment as i said in the sleeper thread although it may be a little tounge in cheek.

To the bolded:

Who is the other player you speak of? I need to put them on my radar.

As for Rupp in 2016 that may be a stretch. While I think this group will win and be successful this year it will be tough to keep up with Campbell and MoCo. If this was a 2017 thread with a year under their belts I would say Bracken would be a favorite in the 10th and not a sleeper. But thats next year.

One things for sure December will be a tough month for Bracken especially the first two weeks:

Dec 2, 15 Montgomery County @ MoCo

Dec 8, 15 Augusta @ home

Dec 12, 15 Fleming County at Robertson County

Dec 15, 15 Mason County @home

They have a tough overall schedule for a 1A school in the 10th region.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob Hamilton or possibly Cooper Engnes. As for the schedule, I'd rate it better than normal but not really all that difficult especially compared to their schedule last year. In my humble opinion, 2016 is the Polar Bears best opportunity for a Region Title. The 10th is severely down this year across the board and parity is the order of the day. If you're going to get Mason, you better get them this year, they just get better over the next several years as does Montgomery and Clark and Bracken loses a lot this year. Also, I wouldn't underestimate the contribution Coach Myles made to this team last year in making them better. He tried to instill the "we win and lose as a team" concept for the first time in many years here.

If I'm one of the BC faithful anything short of a 10th Region All "A" championship, a 39th District Championship, and a 20+ win season is sub-par and much less than way short of what should be expected. Anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

Jacob Hamilton or possibly Cooper Engnes. As for the schedule, I'd rate it better than normal but not really all that difficult especially compared to their schedule last year. In my humble opinion, 2016 is the Polar Bears best opportunity for a Region Title. The 10th is severely down this year across the board and parity is the order of the day. If you're going to get Mason, you better get them this year, they just get better over the next several years as does Montgomery and Clark and Bracken loses a lot this year. Also, I wouldn't underestimate the contribution Coach Myles made to this team last year in making them better. He tried to instill the "we win and lose as a team" concept for the first time in many years here.

If I'm one of the BC faithful anything short of a 10th Region All "A" championship, a 39th District Championship, and a 20+ win season is sub-par and much less than way short of what should be expected. Anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

Ran into the Hamilton kid this weekend while watching my nephew run. Got to talk to him a little. He has many colleges looking at him for running. My nephew said he is all around sports player. Don't know much about him but was every nice. Btw- The Bracken Co. has a great XC team. They beat my Mason.

We have 4 seniors I believe. Jarred Lippert, John Bravard, Dylan Biddle and Kolten Williams. Crawford, Engnes, Hamiliton, Jones, will be juniors. So I don't think this is their last chance by any stretch. In all honesty I expect them to contend if not win the 39th this year, but next year will be even better. 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 should both be banner years for Bracken.

Lets not forget about the back-to-back champs.

Really think that by the end of the season Mason County could be not only the favorite to win the district, but a favorite to compete for the region title as well. A lot of young talent on this team. I agree with everyone else right now, by saying the 39th on paper is a toss up.

As for Hinson going to Mason, won't happen, he has achieved his lifelong dream in returning to his "Babylon of basketball". He'll be there coaching your grandchildren's children........:dancingpa

I posted the following previously in the "sleeper" thread:

My 10th Region sleeper is the Bracken County Polar Bears. Just got 2x 10th region COY and future HOF Coach Jason Hinson. Has the [/i]]#1player in the Region and 2 of the top 10. Is 9-10 deep with experience. Has size with 5 players bigger than 6'3". "Rupp, Rupp, Rupp, Arena" 2016.

I'm guessing Mr. Wilson might have something to say about this....I'll give you the #2 likely, but #1 in the 10th Region....I believe that's a stretch

Seen Pig last night. Looked as if he was on crutches. Whats the word on Mr. Williams?

Believe his knee has been bothering him. They've been putting in a lot of hours in the gym, and know mine is evening going for extra workouts in the mornings.

I'm guessing Mr. Wilson might have something to say about this....I'll give you the #2 likely, but #1 in the 10th Region....I believe that's a stretch

I firmly believe that he has some valid points in those statements but predominately that comment was tounge in cheek.

Seen Pig last night. Looked as if he was on crutches. Whats the word on Mr. Williams?

I thought that Mr. Williams had a major transfer plan in place...last info on here was that he might not be at MACO this year....guess that's not the case ?