Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015-16 10th Region

Featured Replies

I thought that Mr. Williams had a major transfer plan in place...last info on here was that he might not be at MACO this year....guess that's not the case ?

Not the case…he is at Mason

  • Replies 187
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Mr. Williams had a major transfer plan in place...last info on here was that he might not be at MACO this year....guess that's not the case ?

 

Thats the way it appears. Aparently the issues surrounding Mr. Williams got worked out and he will be a Royal for his senior season. Last I heard he was going to play in Ohio if things were not worked out but I for one am glad they are because I hate to see a kid finish out a high school career at a different school after all the hard work they put into the system to this point.

Looks like a long year for the Brossart Mustangs? No one is giving them a chance to win the district and even not in the discussion with the 2 top teams in the All A. In addition no mention of any top players on the team.

That being said I don't think anyone should look past them in the district. I'm sure coach Carr and coach Russell will not. As for the All A, I think they will be in the hunt and they have a favorable draw in the tourney. As for players, they return 8 senior Team members that all have logged a good amount of minutes. Another situation where they could have 5 or 6 kids that will lead the team in scoring any given night.

Lot's of guards, a shooter, a nice power forward and a lengthy big man who can run the court.

Looks like a long year for the Brossart Mustangs? No one is giving them a chance to win the district and even not in the discussion with the 2 top teams in the All A. In addition no mention of any top players on the team.

That being said I don't think anyone should look past them in the district. I'm sure coach Carr and coach Russell will not. As for the All A, I think they will be in the hunt and they have a favorable draw in the tourney. As for players, they return 8 senior Team members that all have logged a good amount of minutes. Another situation where they could have 5 or 6 kids that will lead the team in scoring any given night.

Lot's of guards, a shooter, a nice power forward and a lengthy big man who can run the court.

 

While I firmly agree with your assesment on the Mustangs, coming out of thr 37th is going to be a tall test to say the least. They are the #3 preseason team in that district. And while having several seniors the past couple years have been down years by Bishop Brossart standards.

 

They will be in the All A hunt as its about as wide open as its been in many years. Would not be suprised if they make the trip to Frankfort. But I could say that about Paris, Augusta, or Bracken as well.

 

Im looking forward to see how this seasons Mustangs perform. Its all about seeding and distirct seeding games in the 37th so who knows a key win here or there could be big for Brossart. :thumb:

  • Author
Looks like a long year for the Brossart Mustangs? No one is giving them a chance to win the district and even not in the discussion with the 2 top teams in the All A. In addition no mention of any top players on the team.

That being said I don't think anyone should look past them in the district. I'm sure coach Carr and coach Russell will not. As for the All A, I think they will be in the hunt and they have a favorable draw in the tourney. As for players, they return 8 senior Team members that all have logged a good amount of minutes. Another situation where they could have 5 or 6 kids that will lead the team in scoring any given night.

Lot's of guards, a shooter, a nice power forward and a lengthy big man who can run the court.

 

I might tap the Mustangs as my favorite to win the Class A, in large part because they got the favorable draw, as you mentioned. It's very similar to last year, where they very nearly won it again.

 

I also think Jackson Crawford should be in the discussion for Top 10 players in the 10th. He may not make my list, but he's definitely a kid you have to consider.

 

The 37th will be tough, as it always is. I think Brossart can certainly come out of it, but like last year, it'll be a difficult task.

I might tap the Mustangs as my favorite to win the Class A, in large part because they got the favorable draw, as you mentioned. It's very similar to last year, where they very nearly won it again.

 

I also think Jackson Crawford should be in the discussion for Top 10 players in the 10th. He may not make my list, but he's definitely a kid you have to consider.

 

The 37th will be tough, as it always is. I think Brossart can certainly come out of it, but like last year, it'll be a difficult task.

 

10th Region All "A"=Bishop Brossart Invitational most years so I wouldn't pick against them. Extremely smart, well coached kids. They don't beat themselves so you better come to play if you face them. They're down in comparison to normal but never out.

Talked to him today, said he would be 100% by the time the season starts. The crutches are completely precautionary. And as for the transfer talk, all that is behind him and he is 100% with Mason County for his senior season

10th Region All "A"=Bishop Brossart Invitational most years so I wouldn't pick against them. Extremely smart, well coached kids. They don't beat themselves so you better come to play if you face them. They're down in comparison to normal but never out.

 

Ahh the Brossart Invitational. I seem to remember that I didn't get a shirt last year.

 

Honestly, they are very well coached, and like you said, I wouldn't count them out. I would also throw Paris in there as well. Very talented group.

The Bracken County to Rupp Arena post has me flabbergasted. I hope you're not putting money on that. :lol2:

Ahh the Brossart Invitational. I seem to remember that I didn't get a shirt last year.

.

 

If you need one, I think I have 5 of them lying around here from when my boys played.

I believe brossart will have a strong year this year. They have a very good senior group and their jv team last year was phenomenal and only lost one or two games. I think people are counting them out because last year was a down year.

Scott will have trouble with height this year. As it stands, Seay is the Eagles only big man. Zach Mann recently transferred to Ryle. Although, Scott has had some transfers from Cincinnati who can play multi-sports. We will have to see.

 

What was Scott's record last year with and without Schnieder? I think he is a huge loss for the Eagles. Teams will be able to focus on Ohmer this year, but last year when Schnieder was there, the tandom was tough to stop. Any word on the transfers?

Looks like the Pig Williams injury will cause him to miss around 4-5 weeks of practice time, but he should be back and ready to go by the season opener or at worse early in the season which is great news to the Mason County fan base.

  • Author
Looks like the Pig Williams injury will cause him to miss around 4-5 weeks of practice time, but he should be back and ready to go by the season opener or at worse early in the season which is great news to the Mason County fan base.

 

I hope that's all he misses. Thanks for the update. :thumb:

  • Author
What was Scott's record last year with and without Schnieder? I think he is a huge loss for the Eagles. Teams will be able to focus on Ohmer this year, but last year when Schnieder was there, the tandom was tough to stop. Any word on the transfers?

 

Unsure of the record, but they weren't the same team without him. But I do think Andrew Trame can pick up some of the slack left behind by Schneider.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.