Everything posted by gillispie07
-
2015-16 10th Region
I agree with Rick grimes, would also like to understand who is the other top 10 player on Bracken co as I am trying to put my list together of who to scout this year!
-
June Basketball
Anyone have schedule for Mason co team camp thursday and friday this week?
-
Ashland 2015/2016
Sumo, Can you provide a schedule of games for tomorrow and Friday at Mason Camp?
-
Scott 54 Harrison County 53 (10th Region Semi-Finals)
I have a hard time believing that was the designed play. With both Pulliam and thompson on opposite blocks, I believe Pulliam popped out to receive, but was to throw back inside to Thompson. Just a hunch. Great effort by Scott on both ends of the floor and by Harrison who did the same. This was definitely like a heavy weight boxing match that could have ended in a tie if it was boxing. Unbelievable game and atmosphere!!
-
Mason County 74 St. Patrick 43 (39th District Semifinals)
From what I have heard and I also don't have a dog in this hunt and was not at the game was how the student section behaved in the girls game and started cheering loudly when st Patrick lady saints scored their first points. I think I understood the score was like 30-3. That is classless and embarrassing in my book.
-
Cantrall Ratings shows Augusta no respect
Unless I misunderstood something at the All A final game Saturday night and not taking anything away from Coach Hinson or the Augusta team, I understood that Augusta's 3 top players were all transfers to the program and understood one was in 6th or 7th grade and two came in 8th grade. Again, not taking anything away from the win or the size of the school, but I don't consider that homegrown talent.
-
Augusta 43 Paris 41 (10th Region All A Semis)
I was at both games watching all the games Saturday including st pat vs Augusta and Augusta vs Paris last night I don't think it was a question of Augusta coming out flat against st pat. It was a 1 pt game at end of first and I think 3 pt game at halftime I think the difference was defense tonite on both sides of the ball and Paris not capitalizing on turnovers and freethrows and Augusta being able to hold on and put the game away.
-
Augusta 72 Harrison County 64
I was at the game scouting Harrison for the 2nd time and no offense to Augusta or their defense, but I would estimate Thompson at about 50%. He played roughly 50% of the game and had no arch on his 3 compared to last year and the game I watched earlier. Still a good win for Augusta but definitely Harrison wasn't at full strength
-
Elliott County At Boyd County 12/12
I will take Elliott by 5. They have started off the year solid and have the experience and some size.
-
Harrison County 64 St. Patrick 48
Was scouting this game, since we play Harrison shortly. Thompson played as expected lighting it up for 22 in the first half. The surprising thing was especially in the first quarter, with the Sticklen boy knocking down a couple of 3's and some inside shots, he finished with 20pts and 12 rebounds per my notes. Harrison co had a 1 pt lead after 1st qtr and St pat actually took the lead for a short time in the 2nd and Harrison was up by 8 pt g at half time. Harrison went on like a 14-2 run in the third and that was the game in my book. St Patrick also had some nice support off the bench.
-
2014-15 Kentucky High School Basketball Preview - 10th Region
I would agree, I have read some blogs from other sites and regions and this is probably the most detailed one I have seen so far. Great job by the group!
-
Cats Pause 10th Region Preview
Not arguing with your basis on the argument with Andrew Sticklen, but if that is your basis, I assume you would move Austin Crawford, Koebe Garrard and even some of the others listed that didnt have strong schedules similar to some of the bigger schools or didnt have a great won/loss record
-
Cats Pause 10th Region Preview
I agree, I saw him play twice and accidently left him off my list. That is one reason I have Scott ranked higher in my team rankings! thanks Asher2012
-
Cats Pause 10th Region Preview
Top 10 teams: 1. Campbell Co 2. Harrison Co 3. Covington Scott 4. Mason 5. Paris 6. GRC 7. Montgomery 8. Bishop Brossart 9. St Patrick 10.Augusta Top 10 players: 1. Matt Wilson - Campbell Co 2. Dre Jackson- Campbell Co 3. Dorian Henry - Mason Co 4. Austin Crawford - Bracken Co 5. Blake Schneider-Scott 6. Damion King - GRC 7. Trent Thompson- Harrison Co 8. Andrew Sticklen-St Parick 9. Dawson Cooper-Robertson 10. Koebe Garrard-Paris
-
Top 5 coaches in 10th Region
I don't disagree with this least, but I think you need to have some kind of basis for the ranking. If you base it on current(3-5 years) and past(5-10+ years) regular season and district/regional/state success, Carr would not be on the list and O'hearn would probably drop out of the top 5 due to not getting to the region the past 2, almost 3 years. Mike Code meets both criteria above and would probably be #1 at this point
-
Austin Crawford (Bracken County) Mixtape
I also remember watching Eddie play and was at the HS game they played Louisville. Eddie played right with the Louisville team and future Louisville NCAA champion member Griffith. The surprising thing is Eddie and Austin are similar in size and if my memory serves me, I think Austin may be taller now. Based on what I'm hearing about Bracken co basketball schedule, Austin and the rest of the team may have some games against that calibar of teams and it will be interesting to see how Austin does. He definitely faced some of that type competition this summer and had some solid games. When does the season start !!!!!
-
Who will be the 10th Region's top player in 2014-15?
I would also put a sleeper in that top 10 in Andrew Sticklen of St Pat. I got to see him play a couple times this summer and besides his height, he handles the ball well, rebounds and surprised me when he knocked down a couple 3's.
-
June High School Ball
Nicholas co is hosting team camp, June 2-4th, starting at 5pm each night. teams are: Fleming co, Nicholas, Robertson, St Pat, Bath
-
Who are the top incoming freshman in the 10th Region?
Campbell co(Clos, Day, 2-3 post players) Clark co(2-3 post players, quick guard)-sorry just remember watching them play Pendleton(2 solid guards, Appleman I believe is one) Mason co(Nice class Garrison, Dunaway, Perkins,and others) Robertson co(Mason Burden-saw play once in AAU state with some of Campbell co kids, cant remember name of AAU team- nice player Brossart- Rieger I believe St pat- Swoolsky and Bauer-saw both play Brossart freshman when I was scouting Brossart Montgomery-Davis, nice wing player
-
Girls 10th Region Cats Pause preview
1. GRC 2.St pat- 3.Montgomery 4.Scott 5.Campbell I think again that in this region, there are a few teams that could win the region, especially with Montgomery being young. It will come down to coaching and getting your team to believe in what you say will work. This is a hard call, especially at this point.
-
Demling Ranks KY's Class of 2012
I'm surprised Douglas from St Pat, or the Smith or Menke from Mason co are not on the list, if Carmack made it. All three have been playing good AAU ball this summer and have shown alot of potential.
-
39th District Tournament. Who will win?
Bottom line, with 39th district, any 3 have the potential of winning and in the region, there are 8 that have been referenced as potentials. That's what's still great about Kentucky basketball is that we have one state tournament, one region, and one district with a mix of A schools and larger. On with the tournament. By my clock, we are 9 hours 42 minutes and 10 seconds to tipoff!
-
10th Region
1) Montgomery County 14-12 (8-1) 2)St pat 3) Campbell County 13-8 (8-1) 4) George Rogers Clark 13-10 (8-3) 5) Scott High 19-7 (7-2) 6) Bracken County 16-7 (9-4) 7) Mason County 16-10 (9-2) 8) Bishop Brossart 12-10 (5-3) 9) Paris 11-13 (5-9) 10) Harrison County 10-15 (5-7) 11) Pendleton County 10-17 (9-7) 12) Bourbon County 9-19 (3-13) 13) Nicholas County 10-14 (4-6) 14) Augusta 8-14 (4-8) 15) Calvary Christian 4-17 (2-7) 16) Deming 3-21 (1-10) 17) Silver Grove 4-19 (0-7) This would be based on games played by all the teams within the last week before the tournament, but any of the top 8 have a chance to get to Region finals.
-
39th District Tournament. Who will win?
If they play like they have the last two nights, St pat has a good shot, but don't count out Mason or Bracken at this point
-
St Patrick 70 Bracken County 38
I agree, that's why I think it's at least a 4 team race. If St pat wins by 10+ on the road, then I think they make a good case. But like I said, which is a plus to all of us as fans, I think this is a wide open region race and it will come down to who is playing their best in February and who is healthy, which is a different situation than we have had the past 5 or 6 years.