Demling Ranks KY's Class of 2012

Class of 2012 rankings - girls

After watching several games with each player this past season, I switched the top spot in the Class of 2012.

It was more about what Boone County's Sydney Moss did to take over the top spot rather than what Manual's April Wilson didn't do. Wilson has a great sophomore season and is a big-time performer - top 50 nationally.

But Moss was off-the-charts. She helped Boone County into the Sweet 16 and was just phenomenal in every facet of the game. In fact, she was a game-changer and she's the daughter of NFL All-Pro wide receiver Randy Moss - so she's athletic.

I will be excited to see what she does as a junior, a year more maturity and now that she has a year of the system under her belt. I think she could be big-time.

Here's the top 20 based on potential:

1.Sydney Moss, Boone County, 5-11 - She can do it all for the Lady Rebels.

2.April Wilson, Manual, 5-7 - She's so steady at the point for the Lady Crimsons. Most other years and she's the No. 1 player.

3.Jenna Crittendon, Ryle, 5-11 - She's the sleeper of the class. Plays in the post a lot in high school but exceptional athlete and Division I potential.

4.Bre Elder, Marion County, 5-9 - Because of Epps and Goodin-Rogers, some forget she's an All-State caliber player herself.

5.Megan Pittman, Casey County, 5-11 - Am impressed by her effort and ability to rebound every time I see her take the floor.

6.Ashli Mayes, Franklin County, 5-11

7.Kendall Noble, Perry County Central, 5-10

8.Micah Jones, Green County, 5-8

9.Kara Wright, Manual, 5-11

10.Lyndsey Burd, Hart County, 5-11

11.Miranda Davenport, Harlan County, 5-6

12.Peyton Hisel, Tates Creek, 6-1

13.Haley Armstrong, Murray, 5-9

14.Ashley Mullins, Harlan County, 6-1

15.Rianna Gayheart, Owen County, 5-8

16.Ashley Cheesman, Ryle, 5-8

17.Kelsey Carmack, Deming, 5-9

18.Lauren Bodine, Manual, 5-8

19.Molly Lamb, Greenwood, 5-10

20.Jamie Cummings, Barren County, 5-11

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/

I do believe that Crittendon is the sleeper of the class. She should not be playing the post. She is an exceptional perimeter player and will be playing the perimeter at the next level. She's fun to watch and plays with a lot of heart.

I do believe that Crittendon is the sleeper of the class. She should not be playing the post. She is an exceptional perimeter player and will be playing the perimeter at the next level. She's fun to watch and plays with a lot of heart.

Agree on all points.

I'm surprised Douglas from St Pat, or the Smith or Menke from Mason co are not on the list, if Carmack made it.

All three have been playing good AAU ball this summer and have shown

alot of potential.

Who do they play for in AAU and what age group?

• 1 month later...
Agree on all points.
She had a blast playing the #3 for the Louisville Lady Legends this summer. Really got a chance to show off her athleticism. She also had Abby Jump and April Wilson on her team to go along with a 6'4", 6'4" front line.

• 2 months later...