NKU Hires John Brannen

D-Rob

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those three alone would not make NKU competitive. Hatton is at a Division I school and Bolden is inked with a high-level D1 school, so those two are certainly capable of playing at NKU.

Nick is not a Division 1 player. He's undersized but he could potentially contribute by the end of his career (assuming he would take a spot as a walk-on). The point remains that NKU will have to recruit outside of the 9th & 10th regions if they want to compete on the Division I level.

It seems you're completely underestimating the type of talent & body it takes to play at a D1 school.

I have seen plenty of D1 basketball players. Mike Brock SK, Troy McKinley SK and Jeff McKinley SK, Joe Harney HC, Dolleman Ryle, Neltner Highlands, Lofton MC, Elijah Pittman Holmes, Campbell from HC and John Brannen to name a few!

I hope that John can own I-70. Take away kids that would go to MAC schools. Also, have an influence on I-40. His sweet spot will be right in between there. W/ NKUs budget, I can't imagine that they'll be able to cast a very wide net over the south.

He has a 4-5 hour circle around campus. That's going to be the sweet spot. I think he can do what he needs to do within that circle. IMO.

I have seen plenty of D1 basketball players. Mike Brock SK, Troy McKinley SK and Jeff McKinley SK, Joe Harney HC, Dolleman Ryle, Neltner Highlands, Lofton MC, Elijah Pittman Holmes, Campbell from HC and John Brannen to name a few!

And those actually are D1 basketball players.

I think they would win. If NKU you had Hatton, Ruthsatz and Bolden they would win a bunch of games. I hope Brannen offers Bo Schuh to play at NKU.

A D1 Vermont player, A WVU D1 commit, a D2 player and a D3 commit. This makes NKU compete at a decent level in D1?

Please stop it!

I love the hire but wonder how long he will stay. If NKU starts sniffing a little success it could be a revolving door at the coaches office. I hope he does

great and stays long enough to make a statement at NKU.

I hope he wins so much he has a lot of options to leave.

At NKU's level there are two types of 4-5 year cycle.

1) Coach has a lot of success and gets a job for more money than he can turn down.

2) Coach fails and gets fired.

There really is very little middle ground. Sure John being from the area can be a variable, but if he wins enough it is hard to turn down chances to double and triple your salary...

Yes once every few years a NKY kid is good enough to play at a D1 school, not a few every single year like you think.

Game time is right, I hope John isn't here long for multiple reasons.

But I assure you he's not blowing smoke when he says coming home was secondary. He's here because he truly believes he can win here.

Edited by Randy Parker