NKU Hires John Brannen

D-Rob

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camps was extremely athletic and had tons of potential. Was really excited to see him develop under Brannen. Better start hitting up the JUCO ranks for some immediate impact guys that can help bridge the gap until Brannen can get a couple of his own recruiting classes together.

Might not be a popular statement, but I think this proves why the move was maybe made at the right time from a business standpoint. Kids transferring and de-commiting typically happens with coaching changes.

Probably good to get them out of the way in the last year before they are eligible for the Big Dance.

Might not be a popular statement, but I think this proves why the move was maybe made at the right time from a business standpoint. Kids transferring and de-commiting typically happens with coaching changes.

Probably good to get them out of the way in the last year before they are eligible for the Big Dance.

I know lots of changes happen under new leadership but losing Persons hurts. I think he was second team all conference as well as frosh player of the year.

So he has had one week with these kids, my guess is he is only allowed to work with them in the gym with them 2 hours a week? (I think there is some NCAA off season rule). Not sure if the kids left because they did not like coach or coach did not like them. I'm wondering if he already has some kids he had been recruiting in mind?

Sounded like Parsons made up his mind long before Brannen was hired from what others have posted on here.

Again, I think the combination of the change in coaches AND his desire to play at a higher level prompted his departure and it has nothing to do with John Brannen.

Sounded like Parsons made up his mind long before Brannen was hired from what others have posted on here.

Parsons torn his ACL I believe either his junior or senior year in HS and college coaches slowed down their recruiting of him. I think he believes he can play at a bigger name school. I think he accomplished what he wanted out of NKU and is moving on. He is a good player but the team will be fine without him.

Camps was extremely athletic and had tons of potential. Was really excited to see him develop under Brannen. Better start hitting up the JUCO ranks for some immediate impact guys that can help bridge the gap until Brannen can get a couple of his own recruiting classes together.

I agree with you, Camps had much up side that just needed to be refined. It's no secret that Coach Beez and Camps didn't see eye to eye on things and Camps put in for a transfer before Beez was fired. I wonder if he's regretting that decision.

• 1 year later...