Would a loss be good for Kentucky?

Aroundthehorn

Would a loss be good for Kentucky?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would a loss be good for Kentucky?

• Yes (A loss would be good)
    • No (It would be bad)
    • It makes no difference

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like someone to tell me why they think a loss would be good.

Losing a game brings a team down to earth; makes them realize they actually could lose, and need to play hard every night out to avoid getting snake bitten.

Losing a game exploits weakness and allows a coach to fix it before the NCAA Tournament.

Losing a game releases the tension of being "perfect" that is perpetuated by the media, the fans, and the players themselves

Losing a game allows a team to regain motivation, and get their eyes back on the bigger picture.

I got that from an article.

Losing a game brings a team down to earth; makes them realize they actually could lose, and need to play hard every night out to avoid getting snake bitten.

Losing a game exploits weakness and allows a coach to fix it before the NCAA Tournament.

Losing a game releases the tension of being "perfect" that is perpetuated by the media, the fans, and the players themselves

Losing a game allows a team to regain motivation, and get their eyes back on the bigger picture.

An overtime and double overtime game didn't do that?

I don't think any of those apply to this UK team. They are playing hard. The tension to win every night is going to be there if they lose one or not, especially at this point in the season. In fact, that pressure probably helps them get tournament ready. They are fully motivated. If a team does find a weakness in UK and it leads to a loss, then that would be helpful if it happened before the tournament. However, I don't see any weaknesses.

Once you get to the tournament the regular season doesn't matter. The cats won't wory about being undefeated in the tournament. They will have one goal, and that's to win #9 , a loss in the regular season doesn't affect that vision at all.

I don't think any of those apply to this UK team. They are playing hard. The tension to win every night is going to be there if they lose one or not, especially at this point in the season. In fact, that pressure probably helps them get tournament ready. They are fully motivated. If a team does find a weakness in UK and it leads to a loss, then that would be helpful if it happened before the tournament. However, I don't see any weaknesses.

Thats a good point.

An overtime and double overtime game didn't do that?

I got that list from an article. I personally think that Kentucky does not have an overconfidence issue. I honestly think that there may be a little pressure on the "perfect" thing, but again I'm not John Calipari, so I do not know what the team is like in the locker room.

The simple answer is, NO. This team is as focused as they come. They play better under pressure than they do without any pressure. Once the conference and nccaa tournament starts, this team will not lose focus. A loss wouldn't help or hurt them either way, as imo they win finish the season as national champions, either 40-0 or 39-1. Enjoy the ride because this team is going to make history folks.