Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would a loss be good for Kentucky?

Would a loss be good for Kentucky? 37 members have voted

  1. 1. Would a loss be good for Kentucky?

    • Yes (A loss would be good)
      0%
      0
    • No (It would be bad)
      27%
      10
    • It makes no difference
      72%
      27

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard several people say things like "they need to get beat". That statement, to me anyway is ridiculous". Any Loss is Bad so no, I don't want a loss. I voted no difference due to I believe that "if" they should lose in one of the remaining games then they would prepare for the next game in the same way as after a win and should have no effect on the next game / games. Cal has this team focused.

It would be bad for a guy I know who has $100 bet with 400-1 odds for them to go undefeated.

It would be bad for a guy I know who has $100 bet with 400-1 odds for them to go undefeated.

 

Where in the heck did he get 400-1 odds on that? Did you mean 40-1?

Wasn't the Georgia game much better than a loss? I'll never understand the logic behind a loss being a good thing. Losing makes doubt creep in.

All I care about is them winning the last game of the year.

All I care about is them winning the last game of the year.

 

Well thank God they no longer play the Consolation Games in the Tourney. :thumb:

Mitch Albom said so but said that it's probably too late to get a loss before the big dance. I think an argument could be made either way but it's doubful they will go into the NCAA with a loss now. It will all come down to last three or four games in the tourney. Not much chance of losing before then.

^I'd love to hear the argument as to why a loss would be a good thing.

^I'd love to hear the argument as to why a loss would be a good thing.

 

You know it didn't help the '76 IU team. Sure the loss in '75 focused the squad the next year but it didn't help the '75 team.

 

UCLA won 88 straight games from '71 to '74. When they fell apart in South Bend they lost by 1 point and the streak ended. Didn't help them. They later lost to Oregon and Oregon State in one week. Then lost to NC State (A team they had throttled at the beginning of the year) in the National Semi-Finals. Once the aura of invincibility was gone UCLA "looked over their shoulder" that they might lose and the rest of the country believed they could win.

All I care about is them winning their last game of the year.

 

Fixed that for you.

 

I care about them winning a few games before that one to ensure they are playing the last game of the year.

I don't really see what they have to gain from a loss. For one, it kind of kills the aura of invincibility that they have going on right now. Secondly, I don't know how it would benefit the team's psyche, and would think that a loss would have the potential to do more harm than good there. Third, it would mean that someone has a blueprint on how to beat us and/or that we didn't play well, which isn't great at this time of the season. I don't think a loss just for sake of a loss is what this team needs.

Where in the heck did he get 400-1 odds on that? Did you mean 40-1?

 

Someplace in Vegas before the season started. 11 each have 100 bucks bet. Each would win $40,000. I'm thinking he was sweating last night.

Someplace in Vegas before the season started. 11 each have 100 bucks bet. Each would win $40,000. I'm thinking he was sweating last night.

 

I'd ask to see the ticket not sure I believe that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.