Gurley Suspended Indefinitely

RomanEmpire

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should a high profile college player get punished for getting paid to sign his name? Dumbest thing that keeps happening in college football. They've earned their stripes and worked hard to get to the point of people giving them cold hard cash (and cars and stuff) for them writing down their name on something. Good for Gurley. Screw the NCAA.

They don't have time to work jobs and make money. This isn't drug dealing. Let them get paid to sign autographs if people are wiling to pay.

Why should a high profile college player get punished for getting paid to sign his name? Dumbest thing that keeps happening in college football. They've earned their stripes and worked hard to get to the point of people giving them cold hard cash (and cars and stuff) for them writing down their name on something. Good for Gurley. Screw the NCAA.

They shouldn't. Oh well, at least he saves the hits on his body. He'll be a star at the next level. I think he'll be an RB that makes it into the 1st round

They shouldn't. Oh well, at least he saves the hits on his body. He'll be a star at the next level. I think he'll be an RB that makes it into the 1st round

If I'm a GM I never take a back in the first round. That's just me. Gurley is a guy you'd consider if you were a team like the Panthers, Broncos, Ravens maybe.

They don't have time to work jobs and make money. This isn't drug dealing. Let them get paid to sign autographs if people are wiling to pay.

While I don't disagree with your logic at the same time it is against the rules and for him to do this knowingly is selfish and he obviously thinks very little of his team.

While I don't disagree with your logic at the same time it is against the rules and for him to do this knowingly is selfish and he obviously thinks very little of his team.

Selfish? Sure. Dumb decision? I don't think so.

Like someone said-- less hits, less miles, more money. Maybe a better draft spot. Good business decision -- even if he didn't intend for it to work out this way.

If you allow players to get paid for autographs then you have to just open it up entirely so they can get paid.

Why? T Boone Pickens will pay $100,000 for a stud QB's autograph with the unspoken word of "boy, you're coming to OKState."